Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Underaged Poker

My roomate's little brother has a PokerStars account and he is only 17. He has over 2,400$ on the account. What is the worst that could happen to him? I told Bob (my roomate) that this was probably an awful idea, but he said there was nothing to be worried about. Who is right?

Also, Bob has been sending his brother money on Poker Stars. His brother would build it up and then send it back to Bob in exchance for cash money.

What do you all think of this?

Also, are/have there been any underage online gamblers here? I know ZeeJustin was one. Anyone else?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Underaged Poker

Nothings going to happen to him. There is no way to track how old a person is. Unless the police raided his home, took his computer and found that he was playing online poker for money he won't get caught.

I started when I was underage (I'm not anymore), and my roomate is still underage. I'm sure there are a lot of them around.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:16 PM

Well that isn't neccessarily true. If they make cashouts to neteller or a bank account then you could be in trouble because they get all the info they need from the banks and neteller. But if you are playing under someone's name and have it going to their neteller or bank account they can't ever really find out. If you always win and transfer the money to another player insteand of withdrawing my guess is they would freeze the accounts eventually.
~Justin
Old 10-27-2004, 06:18 PM

My roomate's little brother has a PokerStars account and he is only 17. He has over 2,400$ on the account. What is the worst that could happen to him

He could be hit by a bus when crossing the road.

Lori
Old 10-27-2004, 06:32 PM

Agreed. He could also be tried as an adult in some horrible axe-murdering crime. I say let em play.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:38 PM

I started playing onine when I was 17. The worst thing that happened to me was I lost some money.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:54 PM

I'm not even sure if the authorities could do anything about it, since almost all sits are out of the US.

I started playing on-line (Party Poker) when I was 14 years old, for real money. I am not 15, and I'm actually doing real well on there.

One more thing I feel I should say, is that for someone as young as I am, I wouldn't recommend it, because when you go on tilt, you just lose it. Luckily, I had some experience and after a while of playing on-line I was tilt free [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]....all that is needed is some emotional control.

Last thing is I don't like the people that say "What's a 15 year old doing on these forums?" because in my opinion I think I know more about poker that a good amount of people on here. Later.

-LBJ
Old 10-27-2004, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Last thing is I don't like the people that say "What's a 15 year old doing on these forums?" because in my opinion I think I know more about poker that a good amount of people on here. Later.

-LBJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey,

You probably won't get that, as many of the people here started playing underaged (like me. Oh, I still am.)
Old 10-27-2004, 07:07 PM

your comments in this post and your comment on your location is immature. while you may think it is cute to either be representing a minor, or you think you are grown up if you actually ARE a minor, i for one do not appreciate it.

this forum does not cater to minors, and i don't want to have open conversations with someone who is flaunting the fact that he is underage. while i don't think it is entrapment, it is certainly not good for any of us.

grow up and stop making the comments about your age. also, remove that line from your location. we don't want to talk to children who are acting like children. shape up and fake it, or get the fuk outta here. you are nothing but trouble for the forum owners and contributors if you are indeed underage.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:22 PM

I think the biggest problem with underaged kids playing is the fact that they can hastily lose lots of money, especially those over 18 with access to credit cards. Bad news for those who don't truly understand the consequences of their actions. I for one would love to back legislation to stop underage individuals from playing through security checks and what not. I like that idea and eventually it will likely happen rather than an all out ban on internet poker. Bottom line, kids 15-18 don't possess the life experience to stop themselves if they lose money. Of course there are exceptions, ZJ for one, that have played extremely well, but for every ZJ there are 100s who lose money they don't have.
~Justin