Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 06:15 PM

Default No point in aggression?

I've been playing 2/4 SH and was wondering if there's any point in being really aggressive preflop and following through with it afterwards when the table is very loose. 4 or 5 limp in most of the time so is there even any point raising preflop with hands like AK-AT. You can't really follow through with the aggression when your hand doesn't hit because they'll call with anything. Even when your hand hits they'll be going to the river with any pair or draw. I feel like I'm just throwing my money away by raising, it doesn't thin the field and just builds the pot for someone else to take. In a really loose game like this, is it best to just be passive until you hit hard?
Old 09-16-2004, 06:24 PM

Default Re: No point in aggression?

you're wrong. continue to raise with what you feel are better hands preflop.

postflop, you can't just bet wildly if the board misses you. my rule is that if i can call a bet profitably, i will lead out the betting. otherwise, i simply check/fold. pretty simple to make money this way.

example:

i am UTG w/A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i raise, get one coldcaller, both blinds come along.

flop(4 players...8SB):

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check/fold.

cheers!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Re: No point in aggression?

Changing the cold caller to an UTG limper, you bet when it's checked to you, right?

Keeping your position in UTG do you bet on this flop?
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

just curious under what conditions other players are not betting when it's checked to them after raising.