Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 01:35 PM

Default 20-40 Flopping top two

20-40 at Bay101, and I'm in my first orbit at the must move table. Folded around to the CO who open raises; I've seen him around but never played against him so have no read. Button (as it turns out is a very strong 2+2er, though I didn't know it at the time) cold-calls, SB folds, I call with QJs.

Flop is QJT two-tone.
Button checks, I bet, CO raises, button calls, I 3-bet, CO calls, button calls.

Turn is a 9, still two-tone board.
Button checks, I check, CO bets, button folds, I call.

River is a blank.
I check, CO bets, I call.

Comments? Or is this pretty straight-forward?
Old 08-21-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Flopping top two

Yep, pretty straightforward. If CO had AK, he'd have likely capped it on the flop. You pretty much have no choice but to slow down once there were 4 to a straight. Your check call is really the only play. I hope the 2-pair were good enough...
Old 08-21-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Flopping top two

hi analyst

where are you? bay 101? hmmm,. analyst, weren't you the piggie thread poster? hey you know, i liked that thread. it was kinda unfinished. it was just a rough draft. but i liked it.

i've been hitting the chess pretty hard of late, and with tunnel vision required for that particular game, i haven't kept up with how they're playing this game over at the bay 101. the action sequence is reversed from how i left that particular game before i got over involved with stupid chess day and night. and now you can get a bet in after checking and getting checked around. hmmm. the things that escape my notice.

well, my chess game has improved enough for the time being. it was weighing on me heavily for a while. i still do plan on improving it's just that, there are more important things to do. how are you analyst? that's good. let's see, when last you left me, you were....learning how to hold your cards, is that right? how to sit at the table. right. i remember you well analyst. you wanted to teach me how to do that, is that correct? you never wrote me back though.

i live here in miami, and when growing up, as a kid i remember that people would delay doing things until 'it snows in miami'. i remember my junior high science teacher would always say that when responding to a request that he had no intention of granting. well, one day it snowed in miami. i was in some form or another by then in high school, and all of my childish requests put off by mr. popovich until the day it snowed in miami were by now too trivial for any serious consideration of me now going back to my old junior high school, and making a demand that at least some of them now be granted, seeing that it did snow and quite unexpectantly at that. i couldn't see driving up on my motorcycle, parking it, and demanding now the ride home mr. popovich used snow in miami as an excuse not to give me. i can still see me walking a mile home and mr. popovich yelling out of his old volkswagon, 'when it snows in miami!', as he put-puted off into the horizon, leaving me there stuck to walk the whole way home. i threw my snowcone at him one day after he peeled off. lucky for me it missed.

no, i never got the ride home, and by the time i had reasonable expectation of getting the long awaited ride, i had my own wheels; and no point in changing the D to a C either, or obtaining countless free 15 min. passes to run through the halls.

but that's not the point of my thread analyst. the point is that after it snowed in miami, i heard that popovich stopped preconditioning the granting of hall passes and such on the basis of snow in miami, and instead, over to 'when elysium changes'. now the kids ask, 'who's elysium?' as popovich put-puts off into the horizon.

analyst, though i might be able, if i check and it gets checked around, i will not bet, even if i had intended to check-raise. i will try to remember the simpler days of hold em, as i put-put off into the horizon, while motioning the dealer for the turn card.

i will not do it, i simply will not do it. you go ahead while i watch. you can get away with these things analyst. your style of play represents the future. me? they'd say,' here comes ol' turn card elysium'. i'd be labeled a TOM/LTC; a tight ol' man longing for turn card.

check-betout analyst, and do so with everything you've got.