Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 01-28-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: turn the nut boat but wait....uh oh.

I would think that you should suspect that he has the Q when he 3-bets the flop, so the question is why did you cap the flop and why on earth did you ever put in the 1st raise on the river, let alone 4 bet it?

And why on earth are you all-in?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:19 PM

hi diplomat
well, i had just gone through a week straight of the most incredible riverings i've ever had. i know that getting rivered is something you notice more and more the better you get at this game. but i'm talking getting rivered by 1 and 2 outers like 10 times straight. it was uncanny. and the rivering didn't seem to want to end. this particular hand sent me home. no, i didn't bust out, i was out of time and had to go home anyway. i went into tunica up 10 racks and left breaking even. i just never thought it possible to suffer so many riverings against hands with so few outs. they couldn't beat me any other way. and i never thought getting rivered like this was possible. if these games were being played here in miami, i would have suspected cheating. but no cheating here. just incredible riverings. and no, this wasn't the first time my nut boat was rivered by quads, it was the fourth such time in a week. to give you an idea about how bad i was running, i finally hit the nuts on the river in a huge pot only to have my precious flush card return to the deck due to a misdeal. the next hand i flop a nut boat but my opponent flopped quads. of course we slow-played the flop and went into a raising war on the turn and river. why did i put in that extra bet on river? it didn't matter. at that point i knew i was heading back home instead of staying a day longer. i reasoned that if he unexpectantly turned over KK for a lower boat that my gutsy reraise would inspire me to stay that extra day. actually, when he turned over KQo i momentarily thought that i had won disbelieveing for a minute that anything less than pocket QQ and i win. yeah, i had to admit it. he called my pre-flop raise which was reraised behind me with KQo. he entered in with crummy KQ. and whopped my ass good. once the sharks in tunica got a whiff of my blood running oh so badly, they were firing at me with anything and yelping like rebels as they did so. i'm going to return to tunica the LORD willing. i'll return. i don't want to think about vegas or southern cal until i square away tunica. i'm not going to get stopped by tunica.

they got dumb lucky.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... he entered in with crummy KQ. and whopped my ass good. once the sharks in tunica got a whiff of my blood running oh so badly, they were firing at me with anything and yelping like rebels as they did so. i'm going to return to tunica the LORD willing. i'll return. i don't want to think about vegas or southern cal until i square away tunica. i'm not going to get stopped by tunica.

they got dumb lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I really missed posts like this.

Second, remember that you hit a 2-outer before he hit his one-outer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 07:13 PM

Default amen

Old 01-29-2004, 12:18 AM

"And why on earth are you all-in?"

It is indeed bad policy when you have pocket aces.

But in this particular case, perhaps the clue lies in your first paragraph.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:39 AM

Come on man, you are clearly overlooking the obvious. A guy who you say hasn't gotten out of line caps that flop and you don't suspect atleast a queen, maybe KK? You hit a two outer and cry that you were rivered by a one outer? Then you donate 3 more big bets on the end?

Two questions, and maybe I am weak, but how did the flop get capped in this situation? In my opinion it was one too many on the flop from you. Turn you played well. Why raise the river? Ok, I could see one raise, possibly if he had KK and didn't want to go to war on the turn. But a reraise clearly indicates what you already highly suspected.

When running bad it is easy to lose extra bets. In my opinion at minimum 1.5BB's were thrown away, and probably more like 3.5.

Also, what is this with you calling it the nut? It clearly is not the nuts. QQ would be the nuts.