Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 09:07 AM

Default NL400 AK/AQ missed SH

Hi,

1) u raise UTG w/ AK/AQ, get 1 caller and miss the flop completely (all rags), do u invariably bet it OOP ?

2) same but you have position ?

I'm asking this cause I noticed I've been leaking quite a lot by trying to buy the pot in those situations.

I also have to admit that I bet 2/3rd of the pot...but I also do it if I hit, so it's ok right ?

At the same time I'm worried that if I check this almost everytime, I wont get any action once I hit.

any comments ?
Old 12-24-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: NL400 AK/AQ missed SH

1. Yes, just about.

2. Yes, just about. I have been known to check down unimproved ace high against predictable calling stations, but that requires high cards on the flop.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:29 AM

I think both questions largely depend on how often you raise pre-flop in general or how your opponents view your raising standards. If someone only raises pre-flop with AA-QQ and AK, he should obviously c-bet every flop, because his handrange will hit the flop so often it wouldn't make any sense to start playing back at his flop bets without a real hand. On the other hand if you raise with half of your hands, betting the flop everytime is probably not a wise idea because no sane player will give your flop bets any respect after a while.

So in conclusion I will bet or check depending on my table image and how much credit my opponents are giving to me.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:55 AM

yeah I bet in both situations unless I think the dude is a huge station