Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: JTo steal hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking the turn and calling the river. I think you win the most when ahead and lose the least when behind with that line in position. Plus you give yourself a chance to score on a draw which may stand up instead of possibbly being blown off it to a turn check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just not sure of how often I'll be ahead vs behind.

Also, it's a very good point that I don't want to lose my equity in the hand by exposing myself to a raise here. OOC, how much of a bet on the river can I call?

[/ QUOTE ]

David, if you're concerned about this, then why are you betting the turn after the flop call? I'm not understanding your reasoning. If you check the turn and your draw hits, you're probably good. If a non-heart falls on the river, you may also be good as villian may have stayed stubborn with some Ax draw over protecting his blind. It's more unlikely that they are calling out of the blind with some cort of SC's that indicates you're way behind, so calling a reasonable river bet - 1/2 pot is ok. They could have flopped the flush - and well, that sucks. You're only going to be good here a small percentage of the time though, but enough to be slightly EV.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm checking the turn and calling the river. I think you win the most when ahead and lose the least when behind with that line in position. Plus you give yourself a chance to score on a draw which may stand up instead of possibbly being blown off it to a turn check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda curious... how often does this have to be successful in order to break even?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:16 PM

bump re: how often does it have to be successful in order to make pfr to 4-5bb worth it.