Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: My trip to the \"upscale\" barber

[ QUOTE ]
i've been going to the same place for many years now just because it's where my mom always took me, but this past weekend i also tried a slightly nicer/closer place that was about $10 more. the people seemed a bit less friendly, but it was definitely a lot nicer and i think they did a bit better of a cut.

i also stupidly gave a $3 tip on a $28 haircut. how bad should i feel about this? btw, the girl was decent but kinda seemed in a rush and wasn't the most friendly. it probably shoulda been at least $4 though?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I like the cut and the stylist wasn't a jerk or anything, I give at least 20 percent.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Hmm, I was thinking about checking this place out. They have a haircut only price, don't they? I certainly wouldn't mind paying a little more for a predictable good haircut. Nothing scarier to me than the gamble you take after moving and just walk into some random Great Clips or something.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pay $00.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this one.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:01 PM

$38 seems kinda nuts for a haircut unless you get a happy ending with it.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also stupidly gave a $3 tip on a $28 haircut. how bad should i feel about this? btw, the girl was decent but kinda seemed in a rush and wasn't the most friendly. it probably shoulda been at least $4 though?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are scum. I used to be a bartender, so I know more about tipping than you. You should always tip a stylist at least 50% and more if they actually do a good job and don't rush. Anyone who tips less than this is a prick and deserves to die. Again, don't question this because I used to work in the service industry and know my [censored].
Old 12-21-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are scum. I used to be a bartender, so I know more about tipping than you. You should always tip a stylist at least 50% and more if they actually do a good job and don't rush. Anyone who tips less than this is a prick and deserves to die. Again, don't question this because I used to work in the service industry and know my [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM

???

i was used to always tipping $3 cause my other one was $17, i just wasn't thinking. i think in future $5 would be fair for a $28 cut though?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their pitch is that this is a barbershop that really caters to men -- they've got a small flatscreen tuned to ESPN in the waiting room along with nice chairs and men's mags (Golf, GQ, Maxim, etc.). They also have nice leather barber chairs and walled-off stations so the whole world doesn't watch while you get your hair cut.

Oh yeah: I was offered a soda or water while I waited, which was a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a place exactly like that in Portland, called the Barbers. Costs 13.99 for a haircut and pretty much only cuts mens hair. Good hair cuts and hot women, and they offer all the same amenieties as listed above. Probably not as nice as your shop though but they Git-R-Done, and a lot of times they will show poker while cutting your hair on the 60 inch big screen.

[/ QUOTE ]where is this place?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM

I don't know of anyone in ABQ that does straight-razor shaves, but I've always wanted to have one. Lucky!

ScottieK
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 PM

[/ QUOTE ]You are scum. I used to be a bartender, so I know more about tipping than you. You should always tip a stylist at least 50% and more if they actually do a good job and don't rush. Anyone who tips less than this is a prick and deserves to die. Again, don't question this because I used to work in the service industry and know my [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

50%?? I have nevered tiped more than $2.00 for a haircut... i don't care if it was a $6.00 one or a $30.00 one. they are cutting my hair, where is the service that qualifies them for a 50% tip? So my $13.00 haircut deserves a $6.50 tip?? No thanks. $2 - take with a smile or don't. its up to you. Your a bartender? you think i tip them 50%? no... usually either 1$ per drink or the change, depending on how drunk i am. I hate service workers that feel i owe them anything.

from www.tipping.org
"Barbershop hair cutter 15% of the cost, generally a minimum of $1. If you do not get your hair cut often, then $5 is suggested owner none person who shampoos or washes hair $1 to $2"

So for my 13.00 hair cut i am right on with $2.00 so [censored] you! and get me anouther drink bitch!