Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Is this why I still play 10/20?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the raise/call is right on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, what is this. Another poster saying what he thinks and backing it up with zero arguments.

It feels a bit stupid saying it again, but my main point was that we raise this river without trying to find an argument for doing it other then: "Oh, look, only 1 card can beat us, he cant have that, can he???"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey kiddo, c'mon don't laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] While, I did make a glancing unsubstantiated statement in my first line, if you had read my entire post, my focus was looking at the line of raising the flop. That's the point I was discussing.

Btw your earlier post got cut off. Because of that people are going to make plenty of unsubstantiated statements. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 PM

i think the argument is that he's obviously more likely to have a hand that isn't the nut flush, we think he's going to bet the river whether he has a flush or not, and he's likely paying off a raise with worse hands. if you don't think a 40/15/2 bets this river without a flush, fine, call. i think he does. i thought something like TT or 99 with a heart is possible too.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM

i like wheelz arguement about the TT and 99 with a heart, but i dont see any reason not to raise the flop. i think TT-77 caps PF, but none of them would 3 bet the flop, IMO. then check behind on the turn when you pick up the heart draw, and then AQ also gets there. then just flat call the river, when he comes out firing. i think that wins the most because any of those other hands would probably fold the turn, and some might fire out a bluff on the river. but should you decide to raise the river, you can fold to a 3 bet because the pot is smaller. it also gives you the opportunity to fold the flop when he 3 bets, if youd like. if you call 3 bets, then just call down because i dont think hes 3 betting anything but the Ah.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:48 PM

the reason you don't raise the flop is to keep the retarded crap firing chips and not limiting his range to the stuff that beats you.

Once we get to the river, I think the line we take is right. Any heart, set, 2 pair, aa with no hear, blah blah blah pays off. Way too much value. I want to fold to the 3bet, but the only times I EVER have the fortitude to do it, I get shown 88 no heart and get oooooooooooooooo party poker typed into the chat. So yeah, at 10/20, don't fold.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
weak wackjob, weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

the repeated asskickings at 3/6 full lately have made me into a real weenie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know the people who got the preflop recommendations chart could lose at 3-6 full. You did get the chart, didnt you :P ?