Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Get on my back, and I will carry you!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea but over the last 2 months, he has accounted for over 50% of the Giants total offense. And it's not his fault that f'ing idiot Coughlin takes him out after he gets 50 or 60 yards and the Giants get inside the 10.
Or is NFL MVP not like MLB MVP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at Larry Johnson over the same period. you wanna give him the award instead then? Remember, it's season long

[/ QUOTE ]

Players on none playoff teams should never win the MVP award in any sport. Their team can lose just as easy without them.

Take Alexander away from seattle and they win their division by 4 games instead of 6. Take Tiki away from the Giants and there a third place team that misses the playoffs. To me that makes Barber MVP even with less TD's.

Bill
Old 12-18-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea but over the last 2 months, he has accounted for over 50% of the Giants total offense. And it's not his fault that f'ing idiot Coughlin takes him out after he gets 50 or 60 yards and the Giants get inside the 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at Larry Johnson over the same period. you wanna give him the award instead then? Remember, it's season long

[/ QUOTE ]

Players on none playoff teams should never win the MVP award in any sport. Their team can lose just as easy without them.

Take Alexander away from seattle and they win their division by 4 games instead of 6. Take Tiki away from the Giants and there a third place team that misses the playoffs. To me that makes Barber MVP even with less TD's.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hate this reasoning. you're basically saying that if edge ran for 8,000 yards this year he shouldn't get the mvp
Old 12-18-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hate this reasoning. you're basically saying that if edge ran for 8,000 yards this year he shouldn't get the mvp

[/ QUOTE ]
First you suggest giving the MVP to Larry Johnson over Tiki, then dream up this edge BS. Before today's game Barber had 200 more total yards than Alexander. Your saying because he has more TD's he's MVP. For the edge thing to make any sense Alexander should at least have as many yards or more then Tiki does.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 AM

Umm... guys? Why are you wasting time with Tiki and Shaun? Peyton Manning is still in the league.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First you suggest giving the MVP to Larry Johnson over Tiki, then dream up this edge BS. Before today's game Barber had 200 more total yards than Alexander. Your saying because he has more TD's he's MVP. For the edge thing to make any sense Alexander should at least have as many yards or more then Tiki does.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. read my post about larry johnson again
2. think
3. Do you still think I said he should be MVP
4. What the hell is the second part of your post? I was speaking of your reasoning along the lines of "a guy shouldn't get the MVP if his team would have won without him". With which I replied with the edge comment (so what if edge had 8,000 yards, the colts would still be a 1 seed with a mediocre running back)
Old 12-18-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm... guys? Why are you wasting time with Tiki and Shaun? Peyton Manning is still in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]He probably will get it, but would the Colts have lost more then a game or two with Dilfer at QB?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He probably will get it, but would the Colts have lost more then a game or two with Dilfer at QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop it with the retardation.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop it with the retardation.

[/ QUOTE ]I was just trying to be funny.your right on manning he is the best and with the year that team has had he deserves it. I just get mad becuase Tiki has carried the giants on his back and if it wern't for him they would be lucky to be .500 at best.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:32 AM

I'm a huge fan of Tiki, don't get me wrong.