Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-15-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Muslim Groups Cheer Aquittal of Cheerleader of Islamic Terrorism

How is it a finger pointing exercise to ask why you seem to feel a need to excuse Islam as a large part of the reason for Islamic terrorism while Moslems themselves feel no such need? Your arguments are like those of some lawyer whose client confesses and gives the court the physical evidence of his crime, but keeps on shouting that his client is innocent.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:34 AM

I would not excuse Islam if I thought it was a primary or secondary cause of terrorism.

I dont care what other muslims think about this. I only care to understand the real causes as best as I can.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont care what other muslims think about this. I only care to understand the real causes as best as I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you at least willing to concede, that if Islamic teachings themselves are not a primary cause of terrorism, that nonethless the intepretations of it taught by many (mostly uneducated) mullahs and believed by large segments of the Islamic world, are in fact such a primary cause? Thus the fact that they might hold an erroneous interpretation of Islam might be the real cause? Same as if I as a Christian refused to see that the teachings of Jesus had superseded great parts of the Old Testament and insisted on carrying out lex talionis in disputes with others?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 AM

I think the teachings of the madrasas contribute to a high level of ignorance of the modern world. The mullahs also use and twist the population to advance their political goals and enhance their powers.

This is similar to Bush fabricating evidence to advance his pet project of taking out Saddam. The same dynamic at work and the same idiots who fall for the manipulations of the powerful.

This is not an indictment of Islam or that of the 99 percent of muslims who live in peace with their neighbours. Nor is the second point an indictment of the christian faith Bush professes to have.