Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: WTF - How do you beat these people??? (Marginal Content)

you got sooo owned in hands 1 and 3 - rofl

thanks for the laugh. that was great
Old 12-09-2005, 12:49 PM

I agree with Ramrod, raise hand 1 on the flop. You want to be sure to fold BB. Plus you want to represent the K and find out if UTG+1 has one while the bets are small. I think if you raise the fop and he calls then he's going to check/fold the turn (even hitting the 9, we hope). Hard to know without a read.

Hand 2: you should laugh out loud. If you don't find humor in that hand, you might need to take a break.

Hand 3: Agree with the others: bet the turn. Don't know what to do if raised (I'd probably call then plan on c/c the river, the K might make me bet/call the river)

Of course, I can't stop the bleeding lately, so wtf do I know?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 PM

grunch,

Hand 1: Fold pf, you need a few more callers to make this had playable. Also, why raise the turn, the 9 doesnt help you at all.

Hand 2: I'm inclined to raise pf to isolate UTG/possibly disguise my hand. flop bet is fine, turn bet would be better if you'd pfr but if this guy is a passive fish who plays any face card, I'd be concerned about the K. without a read on villians tendencies I'm not sure about the decision to check the river. probably saved a bet, but if you thought he had the king, why bet the turn.

Hand 3: I bet the turn, if he reraises me and he's the typical fish player, I'm folding.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 PM

I'm going to take a stab at this without reading the other comments.

Hand 1) Unless you know for sure the UTG player wouldn't bet a flopped set I would have folded to his flop bet. You have bottom pair and a weak kicker. You have no idea how far behind you may be and how do you know which card you want to see hit? And frankly I'd probably have raised on the button with the T9s before the flop.

2)Nothing I see that you could have done differently here except raise before the flop. You lost less than you could have and charged him to chase when you should have.

3)If someone is going to play a crap hand like Q6s for two bets, hopefully you'll know about it. No way I fold that hand to a single bet after a flop like that and I'm suprised the villian didn't raise you. He did sucker you quite nicely by checking that turn (though I think he should have bet and charged you to draw out on him if you held the Ah). Maybe he has a good read on you and was comfortable playing a crap hand like that in superior position.