Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: KT... I\'m too weak tight I think

There's one more reason to raise this hand: Raising more hands in general will get you more action with your premium hands. People say meta game doesn't matter at smaller games than 200NL but this is wrong. It's just usually that people in smaller games don't know how to adjust.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 PM

I bet this turn here for 2 dollars. And fold preflop. If villain c/r you or leads river for any real amount I fold the hand.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider raising that preflop if you are going to play it with only one limper (If your game can handle that at this time). Other than that possibility, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty new to this and not sure I understand. Are you saying that with more than one limper it is Ok to call? (based on pot odds I presume)

And advocating a raise, is this in the hope
(a) you have the best hand. Put the limper on small suited connectors (or unsuited connectors etc)?
(b) win the pot there and then?
(c) hit the flop?
(d) given the raise and position you can take down enough pots even without hitting the flop to make the raise profitable?
(e) all of the above? (which I suspect is the correct answer)

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly (b) and (d) in my view. (a) may well be the case but isn't that relevant since you will probably have to hit your hand to get to showdown. You have to be happy about winning the pot pf with KTo, but if called you will win with a continuation bet on the flop most of the time.

Another reason you didn't mention is to get HU against the limper. KTo doesn't like a multi-way pot and by folding the blinds you get dead money into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we are relying mainly on b and d (and I'm not saying that is wrong) doesnt that advocate in fact raising with any two cards, and that the play isnt specific to KT os? Would people raise, say, 72o in the same position?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Consider raising that preflop if you are going to play it with only one limper (If your game can handle that at this time). Other than that possibility, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty new to this and not sure I understand. Are you saying that with more than one limper it is Ok to call? (based on pot odds I presume)

And advocating a raise, is this in the hope
(a) you have the best hand. Put the limper on small suited connectors (or unsuited connectors etc)?
(b) win the pot there and then?
(c) hit the flop?
(d) given the raise and position you can take down enough pots even without hitting the flop to make the raise profitable?
(e) all of the above? (which I suspect is the correct answer)

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly (b) and (d) in my view. (a) may well be the case but isn't that relevant since you will probably have to hit your hand to get to showdown. You have to be happy about winning the pot pf with KTo, but if called you will win with a continuation bet on the flop most of the time.

Another reason you didn't mention is to get HU against the limper. KTo doesn't like a multi-way pot and by folding the blinds you get dead money into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we are relying mainly on b and d (and I'm not saying that is wrong) doesnt that advocate in fact raising with any two cards, and that the play isnt specific to KT os? Would people raise, say, 72o in the same position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Ok, I was kidding. I did say *mainly* b) and d) - of course c) is also important. We will get one pair or better on the flop 1 in 3 times and, with KT, most of the time this will be top pair with a good or OK kicker, which isn't the case with 72o. Also, even the most unobservant donks will start noticing if you always raise with any two on the button.