Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-03-2005, 10:27 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Marlins

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why fans put up with, and support, organizations that do this type of thing over and over. The home team here is another prime example of constantly shorting the fans, yet they still show up.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Question, how are the fans even supporting the Marlins? They voted against a new stadium, they rarely go to games. I guess it has been explained in this thread why Miami fans just don't go to games (viable reasons as well), but really, if the team trys to build a contender, fans don't show up, then the front office cannot continue to lose money on a team. They have to atleast try and make some money. To bad too, because I really liked last years team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, if they sold the team now, they'd still likely make alot more profit over what they actually paid for it initially. Minus the cost if they are in the red on the books.

I was actually taking the topic on a little tangent that sticks in my craw sometimes. I'm mainly talking about organizations that screw their fans, yet fans still go to the games and buy their merchandise etc...

I don't understand why people who dislike that type of treatment yet will still give money to them after the fact, over and over.

However, in this case, what was attendance like when the Marlins were building their WS team? Have they never been supported there? (i don't know the numbers on the team to know if it's been consistent through the years on how they've been supported in the hometown)

But your right, if the prime spot for revenue is gone, even if you do field a competetive team, then the incentive to put a winner on the field kinda wanes also. Which usually means they'll be moving or selling shortly. In this case, the bitch could be aimed at the hometown fans.

b