Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:38 PM

Default 99, what‘s my line on this flop?

Hi all,

First post here - my main game is stud, but I’m trying to get into holdem and could really use some help. So here goes…

Just arrived at this table, so no reads unfortunately.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero???
Old 12-01-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: 99, what‘s my line on this flop?

You flopped wrong.

That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved. Even if you spike a nine you'll have to be careful as it's going to be very easy for you to be outdrawn.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You flopped wrong.

That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved. Even if you spike a nine you'll have to be careful as it's going to be very easy for you to be outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am tempted to c/f this flop. It just hit a lot of hands. I don't think we will even fold 2 people here.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:46 PM

I think most people won't agree with me, but I would check and fold if bet into. With 2 players to come, I think it's still somewhat more likely that you are behind than ahead. Another 9 helps you, but may also give someone a STR8. The only thing that argues for betting is that the pot is fairly large.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, the continuation bet here is probably the last money I'm putting into the pot unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMHO, this is not a good spot for a continuation bet -- two people left to act, and this flop had to hit someone. The chance of everyone folding are too low to make a bet +EV. Frankly, I'd probably dump it if someone bets the flop.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Grunch

Check/Fold seems good here. Too many players in the pot and another nine can be dangerous. I think I only make a CB here 10% of the time but i'm check/folding alot.

If there was an Ace I would be tempted to make a CB since I came out strong preflop and will try to keep that image.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM

grunch

flop will hit lots of hands. I c/f this one.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:13 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I did the right thing here - feels good. Guess I was scared of catching the 9d mainly, but like everyone pointed out the other 9 could also suck.

I thought the rest of the hand was pretty funny:

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO has Ks Ah (one pair, twos).
Outcome: MP1 wins 9.75 BB. </font>
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM

I bet out on this flop. I wanna keep control of the hand here. The bet is good because you may very well still have the best hand here and if not, you might be able to scare off someone w/ Split tens or other overcards that could draw out on you later. If someone hit a Jack, then they will often raise you unless they are extremely passive and then you'll know right then &amp; there you're beat and it only cost you 1 Small Bet to find out.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the rest of the hand was pretty funny:

MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 8h Jh (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO has Ks Ah (one pair, twos).
Outcome: MP1 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty standard for party 2/4.