Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: airsoft

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was my upbringing (hunting since I can remember, with guns always in the house), but I'm pretty offended by a product designed to allow you to "play" by shooting someone with a supposedly non-lethal pellet. Ive seen the size of the airsoft pellets and they could easily cause injury to someone who's not wearing protective eyewear. Pointing a gun at someone and firing is serious, and should be treated as such, regarless of weather or not theyre "likely" to be harmed.

BTW, I dont have a problem with the use of paintball guns, but am offended by the immature behavior of some paintball gun owners. A friend of mine lost his eyesight due to some one who didnt understand the first thing about firearm safty. It seems airsoft guns are designed strictly for this type of immature behavior. Paintball guns can be used responsibly and productively.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.. a lot of people do this for combat situations.. its very organized, a lot of the people in the club have actually been in real battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre doing combat training, youd simply use paintballs. If youre behaving like an irresponsible drunk [censored], you'll use an airsoft gun.

[/ QUOTE ]
do you have downs syndrome?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And then some douche will end up shooting a hole in one of your 2001fps and end up getting kicked out of the dorms over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he bought you a new 2001fp, you kept the old one and gave it to your brother and it worked reasonably fine but with just a dent on it.

I can't believe he got kicked out over that.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you say is sorta true but its really not even half the story. just trust me when I say he more than deserved to get kicked out of the dorms, and he did not return to school the next semester.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the best times though was when I got out of the shower and I'm walking down the hallway to my room and one of my roomates comes out ready to shoot me and I somehow convince him to put the gun away saying that I was unarmed and tired of this [censored] and was way too vulnerable just in my towel, he turns around to walk away and I pull a gun out that was tucked into the back of my towel and light him up

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome
Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't read the replies yet, but the main thing is that is is CHEAPER. You can get 500-100 pellets for $5-10 as opposed to $50 for paintball. Also, you don't need to pay for C02 or nitrogen. (assuming you have a spring-loaded airsoft gun).