Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Firepay \"new policy\" with high withdrawal fees

This is a dangerous game FirePay is playing. They are implicitly encouraging their account holders to churn deposits through merchant accounts so FirePay can charge the merchants fees.

Many sites seem to barely tolerate FirePay in the first place, imposing restrictons on FirePay withdrawals and setting low deposit limits that seem to be motivated as much by cost control as credit risk. FirePay could start losing key merchant accounts if those merchants perceive they are being abused.

That could trigger a death spiral as lost merchant accounts lead to lost consumer accounts lead to more lost merchant accounts, etc.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 AM

I think the moral of this story is that "cover play" is not just for gambling sites. I use FirePay for a mixture of purposes including site deposits and they've never made an issue of my bank withdrawals. Certainly they are not enforcing strict rules on me.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Final CS response

Here's my most recent email from FirePay CS. While it doesn't really answer my question, it does clarify the sitaution in my mind:

"The last time you had used FirePay to make a deposit was:

Mar 15, 2005 9:47:06 AM xxxxxxx Deposit $503.99

How are you funding your merchant account? why is it that you are using FirePay just to make withdrawals?

In order to get FREE withdrawals please use your FirePay account on a regular basis to make deposit from your bank account and use those funds to make purchases.

The answer you have received is the extent of any answer you will receive.

The specific definition of frequent will NOT be supplied to you. [capitalization is theirs]

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance."

I think that's flat out rude. It is obvious that I am NOT going to get a more satisfactory response.

However, what I found really interesting is that they claim I only use FirePay to make withdrawals. I would assume by 'withdrawal' we would mean a withdrawal from FirePay to my bank account, which I have done very few times. Most of my FirePay transactions are moving money from FirePay to poker sites, meaning they should be happy since they can charge the sites a fee. So I'm still a little bit confused about the situation, and I think there's some misunderstanding about terminology.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas in how to get around this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Move, there are some people here that wont blow guys without a neteller account.