Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Travelling to New York and wanna play poker

I'm going to canada with my brother on a skiing trip on january and going to stop by New York cause he wants to see some stuff there, and since I'm there I wanna know all the best poker rooms there are.

I heard about the "Mayfair club" that all the famous players play at.. is this club still open? how do I play there? do I need to be a member?

Please list all card rooms that you guys know that have no-limit holdem (i usually play from $500 max buyin to $1500 max buyin). Thanks for your help in advance...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Travelling to New York and wanna play poker

Due to all the recent troubles the clubs have been having, I doubt anyone will (and I sincerely hope they do not) give you any info re: underground clubs in nyc. If you don't know someone in the city who is a current member at a club, then your best bet is AC or Foxwoods or the like.

Sorry and good luck.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Travelling to New York and wanna play poker

I have a better idea -- why don't you search this forum and read the sticky posts on top. Poker is illegal in NY and there are no card rooms in New York. The police have shut them all down. You can drive to Atlantic City or Foxwoods or even Turning Stone --

And Mayfair was closed down before you were cognizant of poker.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Foxwoods is pretty close

I am not sure how far it is to Turning Stone, but Foxwoods is just up the turnpike probably an hour and a half away. There are busses that run in and out of Foxwoods all day and night. The room is huge and busy, lots of action.

Go get them.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods is pretty close

Turning Stone is about an hour and a half off of the NYS Thruway (which you'll be traveling to get to Canada).
Old 11-21-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Foxwoods is just up the turnpike probably an hour and a half away.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only this were true. Because of traffic you are looking at at least 3 hours from the City leaving at anytime other than the middle of the night.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure how far it is to Turning Stone, but Foxwoods is just up the turnpike probably an hour and a half away if you take your private jet. There are busses that run in and out of Foxwoods all day and night. The room is huge and busy, lots of action.

Go get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. AC is much gooter for a day trip. Under two hours without traffic.
Closed Thread