Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: AI: After Iraq?

Not just prison rape, but also the disgrace of having foreign troops on your land. Its hard to imagine an army of Nigerians or Chinese in America, subjegating us.

"I thought we were talking about terrorists. Don't you guys like to call people who attack our troops "insurgents" or "freedom fighters"?"

Dont put words in my mouth if you want to be taken seriously.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't want to discuss it. He wants his opinions and thoughts on the matter to be validated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite untrue. Why would I ask for the left-wing's perspective if I wanted my own opinions and thoughts validated? I don't need to get my self esteem from some strangers on the internet.

[ QUOTE ]
But OK, I'll bite. How about treating it as a crime and not a war?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, continue...
Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM

We shouldn't do anything. Terrorist attacks happen. We could save more lifes by taking the money we spend on security and feeding the homeless.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But OK, I'll bite. How about treating it as a crime and not a war?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, continue...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing to add. I'm not the one deluding myself.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:51 PM

i have a question. are we really fighting terror or are we attempting to democratize iraq through force? most americans were conditioned to believe that iraq was a better target in the wake of 9/11. so we were indeed fighting a war on terror. but now, our troops are operating to free iraq. i'm confused.

my thoughts my not have anything to do with the previous posts, but i was just wondering...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 AM

Default You saw the answer and chose to ignore it.

Here is the quote from "theweatherman"

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism exists as a response to a stimuli. There are precious few things that would drive me to explode myself in order to kill a few foreigners. When the root of the terrorist's stimuli is found, and dealt with, the terrorist will no longer fight.

The most dangerous man is one who has nothing to lose, as long as terrorists feel they have nothing to lose then the "war on terror" will last forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is there.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: You saw the answer and chose to ignore it.

Ok, this is getting closer to what I intended. So what is the terrorists' stimuli and what can be feasibly done about it?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: You saw the answer and chose to ignore it.

Unfortunatly most of the issues terrorists have are based in religious orign (IE their hatred of israel) While it seems like this is an impossible point of contention, since the terrorists want israel destroyed, there are ways around it.

Iran in the 1950's was in the midst of a secular uprising, a revolution on par with the secular movements in the western world that brought an end to monarchies and a rise to democracy. America swifty helped to crush this rebellion an reinstalled the shah. The shah then killed everyone who opposed him (the secular middle class. Finally he was over thrown by a fanatical sect of islam.

We could start combating terrorism by rebuliding themiddle east, not governmentally but economically. Almost every successful revolution in history has come from the middle class. Our middle eastern policies for the past few decades have been sacntions and isloation, both destroy the middle class and allow th eupper class to prosper while the people starve.

Rebulid the middle class, let them chose their own path and terrorism will fizzle out.