Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Question about Raymer\'s hand

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone think that hands get killed automatically when they are shown? Being penalized is one thing but I have never heard of any card room killing your hand if it's exposed at the wrong time... tournament, side game or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played in tournaments where a hand was ruled dead if it was exposed to live players. I don't know how common this is, but I've seen it happen. I think they compare it to a string bet in the sense that one shows their hand to gauge their opponents reaction before deciding what to do.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In order to speed up the game, a player holding a probable winner is encouraged to show the hand without delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. "we know it's to your advantage to make the guy show even if you have a winner so you can glean information. but we really must encourage you to think of the good of the game and disregard your own interests despite the lack of any negative repercussions if you don't show your cards."
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In order to speed up the game, a player holding a probable winner is encouraged to show the hand without delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. "we know it's to your advantage to make the guy show even if you have a winner so you can glean information. but we really must encourage you to think of the good of the game and disregard your own interests despite the lack of any negative repercussions if you don't show your cards."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People should just follow the rules that decide who shows first.