Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: 10/20 QQuestionable fold

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I play much lower than you, but my stats are comparable to villain's (I am a little tighter) and I can tell you if villain was me you're not ahead of much. 99-77 is about it. I like calling down if the turn is not a club, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding right. This guy is raising 22% of his hands and playing 31%, that is more then enough for me to want to call him down, and I am pretty sure that we will have the best hand more then enough to justify a call down. Honestly, I think that the hero should probably be three betting the flop
Old 11-12-2005, 05:41 PM

I like to 3bet the flop here on villians with similar stats. My usual line on unkowns in this type of situation is to 3bet the flop, if just called and checked to on the turn I bet again, and hopefully just check behind on the river. If they cap the flop then I feel a lot better about folding the turn.

I think if you fold a lot in these situations you are folding way too many winners.

I will often checkraise these types of flops with as little as 77-TT hoping to get you to lay down QQ or JJ.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're kidding right. This guy is raising 22% of his hands and playing 31%, that is more then enough for me to want to call him down, and I am pretty sure that we will have the best hand more then enough to justify a call down. Honestly, I think that the hero should probably be three betting the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
In that case wouldn't it be better to just let him keep shooting?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:50 PM

which is another line that I think is better then the one you chose. actually, I think that was the line I thought might be best in my first post in this thread. Now I'm just confusing myself. EIther way, folding was most likely the wrong decision
Old 11-12-2005, 06:08 PM

I'm saying if it was me, you could rule out some of the hands he's ahead of because I would have capped them (however, the same can be said for a lot of hands he's behind). You can throw AJ and AT in there with 99-77, but I wouldn't play either of those hands this way on the flop. I'm saying if i were the villain here, I would most likely have KQ-KT, 99-66, or clubs. He's ahead of 3 of those hands. If villain wasn't UTG, it's a lot different, too. But it's not me, so whatever...I'm more like 29/20, and I tend to play pretty straight forward UTG.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:00 PM

I also very rarely play a hand that is ahead of QQ this way, except once in a while against very weak tight opponents.

But I see enough stunts from players with these kinds of stats to agree with the folks who say this is a call down.

I don't think it is as far ahead of a fold as some seem to think though consider how little fold equity he usually has against a 3-better.

I doubt he had me down as weak tight if he had stats on me. I can't remember my image at the table though.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 PM

If the flush hadn't completed, I would of defenetly called down, but given that it did, a lot of hands which check raised the flop now have us killed. I think he might play 77-JJ like this though, so maybe you need to call down anyway. Folding might not be wrong though, as if he has a club, then he has 9 outs against you when behind, and you have 0 or 2 outs when you are ahead.