Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Default cold calling pf

outside of the blinds, is this play ever right? if so can you give an example?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: cold calling pf

KQo after a coldcall, 99 after a coldcall depending. I sometimes coldcall with AJo after another coldcall. I very infrequently coldcall after a single raise and no other callers.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:26 PM

Any mid-low PP or mid-high sc in late position after 2 CCers (happens very rarely). Also if I am in any lateish postion and am relativly sure the pot will be at least 5 ways do to very loose players behind me. If these loose players are very bad, I can do this 4 way.

I used to do some CC with KQ, but stopped. Its ok at lower limits, but I think KQ is great to raise because 95% of your none resteal raises will be a good A or a PP, so the raise is worth it for deception.

After a tight and predictable player raises and a loose fish call, with a marginall hand (depends on how tight and in what ways he is predictable). I can profitable play fit or fold on the flop. If I gain significant FE with my raise preflop, I will 3bet. If the tight player is just right I dont need the cold caller.

If the coldcaller is really terrible, with a high WTSD, I can do this if the raiser is normalish with known leaks (again only with marginal hands, like 77 or AT). This is because my equity edge is small or negative, and I can massivly outplay these people postflop, which is easier in a smaller pot.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KQo after a coldcall, 99 after a coldcall depending. I sometimes coldcall with AJo after another coldcall. I very infrequently coldcall after a single raise and no other callers.

[/ QUOTE ]
does this mean u 3 bet kqs and ajs after a cold caller?