Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: $109s - A3 Bluff

[ QUOTE ]
hero was lucky here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's consistent luck in these situations is probably why he can play the hand in the first place.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 PM

i play this way on the 100's all the time. when blinds are larger and my stack less manageable, I will pop them right back and make them lay it down as they know I have a hand. I then turn into a pushbot and take down the table. I can see you point in a MTT, but this sng stuff is more about not making mistakes and pushboting your way in. Thats just my opinion. i only have over 2000 as a profitable sample size at the 100's so i might not know what i am talking about
Old 11-06-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i might not know what i am talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

Then stop saying 'not even close' in every one of your posts. You're giving very controversial advice in several posts this month over thoroughly debated issues and then announcing 'not even close'. It's annoying.

I really like how this hand was played, but I disagree with your cards being irrelevant. Improving to trips or two pair is relevant and deciding to check a heart river with a pair as opposed to bubkus has some value. Nice post.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thing with this bluff was, if I bet big on the turn, he'll sense something fishy. If I bet medium and he calls, I have nothing to fire another barrel with.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he smells something fishy, but yet has nothing/little, what/how is he calling? If he smells something fishy, I suspect he's pushing (if aggressive) or folding (if tight).
Old 11-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Your lack of understanding comes from not realizing that a profitable way of playing is not necessarily the most profitable way to play. A trained pushbotting monkey could turn a profit at the $100's, an actual poker player who also knows how to pushbot as well can turn a larger one.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want a call on the turn. Is that mental?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's mental.

Otherwise, nice turn bluff with a scare card against an opponent who's bet weakly.

Regarding preflop, I might fold, call, or push in this situation, depending on my reads.

In other words, IIEC (it *is* even close).