Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do?

yes. the reason I didn't play in the qualifiers for this was because I read it ahead of time and it looked like a non-traditional tourney format that would include a 2nd trip back to London if I succeeded in the first round.

Congrats on the trip and could be worse.
But you should probably do a little bit of homework BEFORE playing the qualifiers/satellites so that you know what you are getting yourself into.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st: $6800
2nd: $4080
3rd: $2720

But now they have to take the $4080 and $2720 back too.
2nd should get $2800, 3rd $1680 and the 4th place guy should get $1120 (instead of $0).
Do you think 2nd and 3rd will gripe if they redo the payouts the way they should have been?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well they certainly should if they relied on the prize pool posted in the lobby. They may have played to survive the bubble instead of going for the win.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lederer, Bloch and Jesus at same table

[/ QUOTE ] 6 seater.. hmm i dont fancy your chances... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me what this means:

The first heats are taking place from November 12 – 15, 2005, and the semi-finals and finals will be held in January, 2006.

LINK

What are "the first heats"?? I assume that I'm automatically in the semi finals, no? And why is there a semi finals and a finals...what kind of poker tournament is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like the 6 player tourneys that they're showing on Poker Channel over here......normally 1 internet qualifier, 1 non-poker "personality" and at times 4 pros

each heat consists of 6 players....winner gets $2500(current one they're showing) and place in semi-finals

semi finals consist of 2 6 player tables played at same time(not on TV for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) and final table consists of last 6 standing out of the two semi-final tables

normally each heat is sponsored by a poker site.....this could be worse, the British Open earlier in summer had a Full Tilt table with Lederer, Bloch and Jesus at same table....wouldnt fancy my chances comin outta that one...

Edit: make sure to post before u play so i can cheer u on from my sitting room [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit....again: congrats [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they said that both the semi finals and finals are in January, so I hope that means they're right around the same time(i.e. finals are immediately after the semis).
Old 11-05-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well they said that both the semi finals and finals are in January, so I hope that means they're right around the same time(i.e. finals are immediately after the semis).

[/ QUOTE ]

semis are normally played the day before the final table.....

i like the confidence...u planning ur january trip already? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]