Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-04-2003, 11:10 AM

Default I cannot stop, I will not stop, As we proceed.

10-20 game at Party. The table generally has lots of respect for raises, but once someone limps you are likely to get six or seven way action for a single bet. The ideal game, IMHO.

I pick up red bullets in middle/late position. An early tighter player raises, Its folded to me and I re-raise. It’s folded back to him and he caps it. I call. In the last two hours, this player hasn’t gotten out of line pre-flop. I’ve also seen him call two cold with AK.

The flop comes down

AsKsTh.

It’s checked to me, and I bet, he raises, I re-raise and he calls.

The turn puts up the 8h.

It’s checked to me, and I bet, he raises, I re-raise and he calls.

The river puts up the Js. Wowie Zowie. Look at all the draws that got there.

He checks, I bet, he raises, I three-bet, he calls.

Comments on all streets appreciated. The only thing I really didn’t like about the hand was my flop re-raise..

-Huh
Old 10-04-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: I cannot stop, I will not stop, As we proceed.

What's wrong with the flop re-raise?

I don't like the re-raise on the river, unless you put him exactly on a smaller set.

-Diplomat
Old 10-04-2003, 12:46 PM

I think you played it great. The preflop action tells me he is holding Ak, AA, KK or QQ. He is not capping with less. He loves the flop,( as do yuo). Yuo got the nuts, but he is not far behind. The A on flop plus action, tell me he is holding A,K or K,K.
I dont think the flop reraise was all that wrong, it might have cost yuo a chance for the better payoff bets on the turn. But its evedent he is in love with his hand. I dont think he is thinking about what yuo got yet. I think he lays Down KK at river.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:58 PM

I don't think the river play was too bad. What hand would he have played on the flop and turn that could beat him on the river? AQ - no, KQ - no, QQ - possible but I don't think he would have been that aggressive before the river with that board against someone who showed he had a strong hand the whole time.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 PM

True, the action seems to scream AK or KK, but I do not think he would checkraise with those on the river. Also, AQs of hearts is a distinct possibility.

Huh very well may have been raising the river with the best hand, but I have a hard time putting in that third raise here, that's all.

-Diplomat
Old 10-04-2003, 11:43 PM

Hi Huh,
Looks like KK to me. With AK he'd fear a big set less, but still would have to give you credit for a possible set of tens. IMO it's very unlikely that you're beaten in this hand, given your description of the player. As your flop re-raise didn't slow him down, it appears to have been the best play. That is, of course, the only reason to just call his 3-bet on the flop. Well played on all streets.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM

perfectly played on all streets. too easy.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:42 PM

Default And everybody and their momma want to stop my cash : Results.

He had KK. I had the money read. I guess it was obvious to most, but I was proud of myself.

On the flop, I figured I should bet regardless of my hand, because that what you do when your the pre-flop three-better, regardless of your hand.

On the turn, I thought, wow I either ran into AK or a set, and this guy isn't thinking about my hand at all.

On the river, I froze for a second. I immedaitely forgot all previous actions and thought F***. Then I replayed all the action up to this point and said to myself, "Self, you have to raise it here"....So I did......

-Huh