Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

[ QUOTE ]

The problem is that if anyone reading this thread DID want to cheat and collude, any sensible answers would make it very easy for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand that point. I like your way of making it much better than cardcounter0's.

I just don't like party's you are instantly guilty, always and forever attitude. Guilty until proven innocent is bad enough, but as I understand it, there's no way to make this lockout ever go away. I can see how party would choose their method from an available resources point of view, but I don't have to like it. If there's ever a complaint of suspicious play, that's one thing, but just because we've ever shared a computer doesn't seem like reason enough to me.

Once we finish the current party reload, we'll check the other skins.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party won't let me play with my girlfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Play with yourself instead.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, well then it should be okay then. Can't see why Party won't let you guys play together since you are so honest.

Now could you help me and my friends play at the same table? We never lie, always look both ways before crossing the street, and my girl friend was once an eagle scout.

Get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean to reveal your sexual orientation here? Ya, know, not that there's anything wrong with being gay or a transexual...
Old 08-12-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do is open an account at any of the party skins and you can play together again. Just make sure you don't log into the new site from each other's computer. Problem solved. I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you scooped me! That's what I get for reading the entire thread. My solution is to just observe tables when my friends are playing, and they IM me interesting cards.

Don't get a CRT. LCD's rule!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get a CRT. LCD's rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm saving for a 2001FP. My current 17" CRT does 1600x1200, but it's really painful. My eyes, they burn!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:15 PM

i think it has to do with your ip address. you cannot log in from the same ip address.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do is open an account at any of the party skins and you can play together again. Just make sure you don't log into the new site from each other's computer. Problem solved. I win b/c no one else thinks they should be able to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend and I tried to play some .50/1 on party together last night, which we've done many times before. This time, the software wouldn't let us sit at eachothers tables, saying our accounts were associated. Presumably this is because we've logged in from the same IP address in the past(not at the same time). We've never discussed hands in progress or anything that's at all questionable.

I emailed party about it, and got a not particularly helpful response. Has anyone else gotten them to remove this block?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so here's how it works:
1. Nobody gives a fck about collusion at .50/1 tables. if they do, they're obviously homosexual.
2. Party did this to prevent collusion at ALL limits, as it would be dumb to employ collusion-prevention measures at some tables but not others. If you ever make it to higher limits, you will thank them.
3. Nobody gives a flying fck about you not being able to play at the penny tables with your girlfriend.
4. Stop playing online poker with your girlfriend. wtf is that.

Best regards,
KyleM