Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-01-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 5-5 Bankroll Buy In Advice

I just though of another reason to have at least 20 for your particular game. Since the blind:buyin ratio is so small, you will probably need a bigger BR because it's likely that you'll be forced into a few coinflip decisions. Then, if things don't go your way, you can still play. Which is the idea, I suppose.

Marlow
Old 08-01-2005, 11:43 AM

I play in a regular 5-5 game as well, where the normal buy-in is $400. It's a pretty LAG game with some genuinely horrible players though. The worst swings I typically see are 3-4 buy-ins, but I don't like to let my bankroll get less than 20 buy-ins, for comfort sake.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:47 AM

In Costa Rica, Humberto Brenes ownes a small card room where one of the regular games is 2-4 NL with a $50 max buy-in!!! The players there are a mix of wealthy businessmen and less well-healed poker enthusiasts. I guess this is their way of leveling the playing field. As you can imagine, though, the action when the table comes together is a little out of hand. I once saw 4 people go all-in on the flop. They all missed their draws and the winner had 8-high. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Marlow
Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Costa Rica, Humberto Brenes ownes a small card room where one of the regular games is 2-4 NL with a $50 max buy-in!!! The players there are a mix of wealthy businessmen and less well-healed poker enthusiasts. I guess this is their way of leveling the playing field. As you can imagine, though, the action when the table comes together is a little out of hand. I once saw 4 people go all-in on the flop. They all missed their draws and the winner had 8-high. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

By leveling the playing field, you mean, make it into preflop poker bingo, you are correct.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:53 PM

This is basically this game its very passive preflop if someone raises big they have something. Its just very easy to play 200 has worked well for me, cause the big stacks are donks who call all in with crap.