Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2003, 03:00 AM

Default 10-20 two pairs on board, i have neither.

live 10-20; tighter than usual/a little on the passive side. they call me bingo elysium because i said,"bingo, i bet", when my nut flush completed. awww....i have a devestating follow up on that one. cost me 650 dollars....whew.

anyway, i'm on the button with KQo. the CO-1 and CO limp, i raise. the BB calls, all call. four to the flop.

flop; Q95, checked to me, i bet, fold, call, call.

turn; 5 completeing the rain-bow. checked to me i bet call, call.

river; 9, checked to me....; do i check it down? do i bet? the CO-1 has exhibited some passive qualities, but nothing outrageous. both opponents are pretty reasonable if not solid. what should i do?

anyway, later that night, i get dealt AA and turn quads for the high hand up to that point. but when the fourth A hit, i didn't say "bingo"; yea, the crowd got on me for that. they asked,"why didn't i say bingo?". well, the next to last hand before i would have won the 650 dollars for high hand, the girl next to me yells "bingo!". awwww.....she rivered the T high straight flush.

the next time i get a contender for high hand, just in case i'm definately going to bingo it. you never know.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:43 AM

Default Re: 10-20 two pairs on board, i have neither.

the CO-1 has exhibited some passive qualities, but nothing outrageous.

Is anybody so passive they won't bet out with a boat under those circumstances on the river?

It looks like a bet to me Elysium. An ace might call.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:46 PM

Bet it. A worse queen will call, a dry ace may call, and a 9 or 5 would be afraid the river would be checked through and would probably bet out.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2003, 01:08 PM

thanks for the responses. well, of course i bet it and when i only got called, i thought i had won, but no; the CO showed the 9 for the boat. but he calls!? well, that ended a terrible week for me that found me back to even after being ahead five racks or so. but i'm still learning and am sure i would be in even worse shape if i wasn't hitting the site here. somewhere between zero and 2500 dollars, tommy save me forty bucks! i'm going back to the card room with that forty and turn this thing around.