Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Re: river fold

oops ... i thought you were the one doing the calling. Guess I should have figured a 2+2er wouldn't be doing that [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: river fold

Against most fields of opponents raising on the flop is a mistake here, IMO. But not calling on the river was a definitely a bad idea.

I understand that you must raise the flop if IR is *really* loose and aggressive (i.e., if he'd bet no matter what).

But if that is the case you *absolutely must* call on the river.

Not calling on the end with a reasonable hand with no raise behind you is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. It's also one of the easiest to avoid. And you must avoid making it, or your opponents will bet and raise with their draws all the way in an attempt to make you fold. Some will even begin to try it with trash hands.

Also, the river ace actually helps your hand. It's not pivotal if IR has a pocket ace but no other pair (you were losing anyway), is pivotal if he had two small pair (you drew out on him), and irrelevant if he had any other hand (like trips or trash).

[img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]