Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 PM

Default \'Bury 6-12 hand

Had this hand come up this weekend.

I'd been playing a couple of hours, and can only assume that the table saw me as tight. Villian 1, was loose, but decent. Villian 2, was loose, and passive.

Villian 1 raises UTG, couple of folds to me, I re-raise with JJ, fold, Villian 2 cold calls on the button, both blinds fold, V1 re-raises, I cap, V2 cold calls again, V1 calls.

Flop comes 987 rainbow. V1 leads out, but doesn't look very happy about. I raise, trying to knock out V2 and/or steal it from V1. V2 re-raises (uh oh). V1 curses, but calls, as do I.

Turn comes a beautiful T. V1 checks, I check, with the intention of checkrasing. V2 checks behind.

River brings another T. V1 bets out, I call, hoping to keep V2 in the pot. V2 raises. V1 calls, and I ponder. I figure V1 for KK or AA, V2, I'm not sure, but can't put him on a boat. I figure he has a jack too, and we're going to split it.

I raise. V2 calls, and V1 really freaks out. He's talking to himself, trying to figure out what I'd smooth call, then reraise with. He ends up calling.

V1 shows AA, I show my straight, and V2 shows 77 for the boat.

Comments?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: \'Bury 6-12 hand

I think the river 3-bet is bad. It's closer to a fold than 3-bet. What else would you put the passive opponent on? There's a slight chance he just decided to slowplay the turn but unlikely. You'll see a boat here more often than not.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:22 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

5-betting PF w/ JJ is bad. Three betting the river is really bad.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM

I'd call the 4-bet also. I agree.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 PM

I agree with previous comments about pre-flop and river but If I know the button to be passive I bet this turn every time.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with previous comments about pre-flop and river but If I know the button to be passive I bet this turn every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. And B+M play typically is.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree. A passive player is not one to go for a check-raise against, in a 3-way pot, with 4 to a straight on the board. I'd just bet.

On the river, the raise is a bit much. You have a passive player raising the river, what do you think he has?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had this hand come up this weekend.

I'd been playing a couple of hours, and can only assume that the table saw me as tight. Villian 1, was loose, but decent. Villian 2, was loose, and passive.

Villian 1 raises UTG, couple of folds to me, I re-raise with JJ, fold, Villian 2 cold calls on the button, both blinds fold, V1 re-raises, I cap, V2 cold calls again, V1 calls.

Flop comes 987 rainbow. V1 leads out, but doesn't look very happy about. I raise, trying to knock out V2 and/or steal it from V1. V2 re-raises (uh oh). V1 curses, but calls, as do I.

Turn comes a beautiful T. V1 checks, I check, with the intention of checkrasing. V2 checks behind.

River brings another T. V1 bets out, I call, hoping to keep V2 in the pot. V2 raises. V1 calls, and I ponder. I figure V1 for KK or AA, V2, I'm not sure, but can't put him on a boat. I figure he has a jack too, and we're going to split it.

I raise. V2 calls, and V1 really freaks out. He's talking to himself, trying to figure out what I'd smooth call, then reraise with. He ends up calling.

V1 shows AA, I show my straight, and V2 shows 77 for the boat.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not betting the turn is brutal. Don't post results.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Points taken. In retrospect:

I was fine with the PF cap against these two guys.

Going for the CR on the turn was greedy. A straight out bet might of even gotten V2 to fold.

The river 3-bet was bad. I'm not folding, but looking back, my chance of winning was pretty slim.

Live and learn. Lose, and learn faster.