Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Table image... time to take a stand?

CO has been mostly loose passive with high river aggression, but against me he has played back with a lot of draws. I started to become concerned about my table image. Is this a hand you showdown, or do you wait for a better opportunity?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB
Old 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Table image... time to take a stand?

with someone who will play back at you alot, I like just calling this flop and then popping the turn (and prolly taking the free showdown). You dont have to deal with getting stop and goed, and when you raise the turn it really puts the fear of god into them, and they are less likely to act stupid for the rest of the hand.

So in short, if I was worried about my table image, I would have just called this flop, raised any non diamond turn, and just called down if a diamond came.