Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 11:14 PM

Default flop a set but the board gets scary and players get aggro

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

villain in this hand had just joined the table, this was his first hand.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

villain here is about 15/8/1.5, but I must not have looked, based on how much I feared him having 78. This hand was just paranoid multitabling stupidity, I should have 3-bet the turn. I'm leaving it in the post, because I'm curious when if ever I should slow down. I'm thinking if he caps the turn, bet/call on the river unless the board pairs.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: flop a set but the board gets scary and players get aggro

hand 1: I am 3-betting the turn, getting pissed off when the ten hits and then calling his river bet while swearing at the computer.
hand 2: The board did not get scary here. You are almost certainly seeing monsters. I am capping every street...not pf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 11:33 PM

I have no idea how to play the first hand, but on the second one I would definitely bet/raise the crap out of the turn and river.
I liked this advice which I got from Bottomset: "a key to playing is not to always be scared" ( link ).
-web
Old 01-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Yeah, I knew I [censored] up the 2nd hand when I posted it. I think the first hand was played well, but I'm not sure, so I'm asking.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:54 PM

Hand 1: Why are you 3-betting against a check-raise with a flush obvious and no history on the villain?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 PM

Hehe, I missed which post you were replying to and looked back afraid I had done that.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:59 PM

I am 3-betting, because I am retarded and didn't even notice the flush. Given that it is there, I like your play of hand 1. Sorry.