Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Called on this scary flop

SB in this hand was a decent player 25/8. Nothing special but I havn't seen him play anything really poorly.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks???

With this scary flop and the SB calling my bet I didn't want to put myself in a position where I would be checkraised. I also planned on calling the inevitable river lead by the SB no matter what card came on the river. Of course raising if a ten came.

Thoughts, critisisms?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Called on this scary flop

Thoughts, critisisms?

I play it the same.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:29 PM

while i often play it the same, looking at the post, i find my self asking "what can you beat"? there are Q'sand a J on the board, and any pair beats you. so which hands could he have called the raise with that you beat. as i said i usually play it like you diid, but in looking at it here, i am not sure how you win this enough to even call the river if no A,K, or T shows.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08 PM

I think you should raise a river K and fold to a threebet.

-Michael
Old 02-10-2005, 02:19 PM

KT/T9/AT/Ax etc. These are all hands that will likely call a bet on the flop which you beat, making it more than fine to call a river bet unless the guy is really passive. Note that against 22 - TT, another J is an out too.