Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 PM

Default What makes high-level internet players better than the rest of us

What is it about the internet prodigies that seperate them from the rest? I consider myself a decent NL poker player with an intelligent TAG style, however, I'm flexible enough to play well shorthanded and heads up as well, when need be. I consider myself a consumate student of the game, constantly trying to improve as a player to maximize my profits. Yet, I've been wondering lately, what accounts for certain players rapid and meteoric rise to success. Guys like Prahlad, Dustin, Krisqueen, The Takeover, etc. Although, I think Prahlad used to play live before playing online, he does dominate his opposition. What do these guys have that seperate them from the rest? Do they possess something that others can acquire. Are they naturals, or is their something different about their brain chemistry that allows them to figure things out so quickly?
I may not have introduced this topic as lucidly as I would have liked to, but I think everyone here will get the gist of what I'm after and I am interested in knowing everyone's opinions. I love active debate as I feel it's critical to the learning process, however, I would like to avoid the topic that some of these big internet winners are actually not properly bankrolled. I am more interested in how they came to conquer the game so rapidly and so thoroughly.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: What makes high-level internet players better than the rest of us

Some people are prodigies, some people work much harder on their game. It's the same thing in any venture.