Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Poker dreams

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

I also used to dream about Tetris after a marathon session. Now that ought to date me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this kind of dreaming is often called Tetris dreaming because of how frequently it occurs with Tetris players. Some researchers believe that it facilitates learning by continuing the learning process while you are asleep.

Google "Tetris dreaming" for an article.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:02 AM

A few nights ago I had this nightmare where I held Q6 on a Q-10-rag board and for some reason I couldn't get myself to fold. Scary dream indeed.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 PM

a couple times i've dreamt that I played against phil ivey and danny negreanu and that danny negreanu was trying to con his way into stealing a pot. i got pissed off and was ready to fight him.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:37 PM

I dream about it almost every night. Usually I am deciding if I should make an all in call that will leave my stack crippled even though i have 18 outs to go from the flop. Sometimes its deciding to lay a big hand down preflop. It's usualy that I am dreaming about an aspect of the game I want to improve on...

I never wake up richer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one with poker dreams. It was embarassing to admit.

Was just mentioning this one to a fellow poster: Dreamt of hitting the super bad beat jackpot at Commerce ($100,000) with pocket deuces. Starting jumping up and down hollering until I realized that the board had TWO 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s. Woke up screaming!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:19 PM

After a long session when I was first learning short handed play, I had a dream that I raised 38o UTG. I woke up immediately and was very startled, similar to how you wake up after having a nightmare. I found it pretty humorous when I looked back at it the next day.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 PM

I have them a few times a week. It used to bother me, but now I've decided to treat the dreams as real and play accordingly in the dream.

Now that's a meta-game, baby!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:07 PM

My wife told me that she once woke me up in the morning, and while I was still groggy, I told her that I was going to fold a big hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 PM

I have this wierd reaccuring nightmare where I'm playing hold 'em and get dealt 3 cards. Instead of just speaking up, I always start freaking out and get confused as to what I should do. Do I play just 2 of the cards or can I use all 3? It's so lame.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:37 PM

I dream about poker 4 out of 7 nights. Most of my play is late at night so I'm thinking the brain is just stuck on. Doesn't bother me to much.

The other day i was napping and I had a dream I was playing Ivey and Barney Miller. Now that was a bit wierd.

I also seem to have a lot of nightmares. Not poker nightmares, just f'ed up dreams. I think that might have to do with the mass amounts of caffine i take in during the day.