Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Bizarre and really tough AK hand

6-handed tournament, 3 people left, only round 2, blinds 15/30.

So villain had built a huge stack being hyper hyper aggressive. He would continually ignore any kind of pot size and just bully hundreds of chips at the pot...and with some luck he was able to mow down half the table in one round. Pot is 200? He bets 600. Pot is 90? Make it 355 to go. Crazy. He hardly showed any hands...and the hands he did show seemed semi-legitimate starting requirements. However, strangely enough, there were times when he would just check a hand down if the pot was small enough or if he seemed disinterested. And yes, he would bluff too - he had shown one or two after the other player had folded. This was truly a rather unpredictable maniac.

So I wake up with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button with about 2000 chips. Villain is in the small blind with 6500 in chips. The other player, the big blind, only has 765 chips left after posting. Blinds are 15/30.

I raise to 90, which Villain calls and the big blind folds.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks. I decide to check, knowing this guy is capable of a gargantuan check-raise. Pot is still 210.

The turn is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Wow, couldn't ask for a better turn than this. Villain checks, I bet 200, he calls. Hmm, okay. He's coming along here. He probably only has a queen or a jack at best. Hopefully he has a nine.

The river was the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], pairing the board and putting a runner-runner flush out here. I'm not really concerned about this card until Villain suddenly bets 1670 into me.

Bear in mind this is a 6-handed tourney where top two get paid only and the other player has only 700 left. I have 1700 behind, so a call/raise puts me all in. A fold here and I'm still in great shape to finish in the money.

Hero?