Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 05:09 PM

Default who are you tryin to kid?

Posted today May 17, 2002 by you:

"All my posts talk about things that are meaningful in the big picture. When I was out of stocks that made a big difference to my portfolio. When I got back in this week that makes a huge impact (one way or another!). "

are these some of the posts you made that have things that are meaningful to the big picture?

two weeks ago you posted this:

“SP 500 will drop below Sept 21 low

Posted By: John Ho

Date: Saturday, 4 May 2002, at 3:29 a.m.

Within 2 months. It's going to be brutal...unless you're shorting

==================================================

two days later you posted this:

Date: Monday, 6 May 2002, at 9:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: SP 500 will drop below Sept 21 low (Jack Meehoff)

Well...I think cooler heads prevailed after the 9/11 attacks. Though the human cost was huge the effect on the economy was temporary and more shallow than people thought at the time. Beyond airlines and hotels/tourism I can't think of many industries that were hard hit for an appreciable amount of time.

There is no reason to think the 9/21 level is a true support level. In fact, you'll see on an SP500 chart that it's basically the same support level as the aftermath of the Long Term Capital Management/Russia crisis. Those lows were caused by panic over something a more efficient market would have almost glossed over. I think this time people will be horrified to realize this downturn is due to prospects of a truly weakening economy rather than panic induced by some overhyped catastrophe

=================================================

three days ago you posted this:

The Stock Market

Back into stocks

Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2002, at 10:28 p.m.

It's here. There should be the chance for some real upside in the market. I'm going long with a lot of this money in tech which should bounce hard.

Back to the races!

================================================

so in post one you recommend going short two weeks ago. two days later you wrote the following as to the reasons to short:

"I think this time people will be horrified to realize this downturn is due to prospects of a truly weakening economy rather than panic induced by some overhyped catastrophe"

then 3 days ago you say get it all in there buying tech. hey i didnt know the economy could go from a weakening mode to a strong one in 2 weeks. wow im really getting a lot meaningful stuff from your posts. you say buy tech, no reason given. why should we believe anything you say? i seems you dont have a clue and are nothing more than a self proclaimed guru.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Here is why you know nothing about markets

Well I thought it would be interesting to post something that it seems a lot of people wanted to read judging by the feedback but I guess not. Assholes like you shall rule this board...don't worry keep posting completely unsubstantiated calls on the market, I won't argue with you. If anyone on here wants to communicate with me I will be in the other gambling games section. This stock section is stupid, seems like few really want to deal in theory or economic fundamentals understanding. All it has become is ego-driven I can pick them better than you. You can have your forum back John...

P.S. Sorry, would you really like to hear about my losers? That just seems like it would take up the whole forum if we all posted every single buy and sell we made. I never made any indication that I never missed anything and I further think you proved you don't know s**t about foreign markets because you have no clue how they work. Oh well.