Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 05:00 AM

Default routine play with trash in BB?

party 3/6, very profitable table. two limpers to me in BB, both loose, the latter somewhat aggressive. i check with J4o.

flop: 742 rainbow.

i bet, limper 1 folds, limper 2 calls.

turn: 9 completing the rainbow.

i bet, he calls.

river: A

i check, he bets, i call.

anything to improve upon?
Old 07-02-2004, 05:24 AM

Default Re: routine play with trash in BB?

The flop is usually something I check and see what develops, but if these guys are pretty weak a bet can work every now and then. The problem if they are loose and aggressive is you may get knocked of the best hand (if you are best) and are in a reverse implied odds spot if your are good as overcards to your pair will often be in your future.

Either way the aggressive opponent didn't raise the flop, so I would suspect I was ahead and bet the turn. When a somewhat agressive opponent just calls the turn you will have the best hand a great deal of the time, but is checking the river better than betting? The A is an overcard chaser's card, a better hand without an A won't fold (although is an unlikely holding), but some missed draw or unimproved pair draw, which is a likely holding, may bluff. Its unlikely that an aggressive opponent would call down with a worse hand than yours here so there may not be much value in a river bet as it looks like he has nothing. I like the river check.