Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 04:04 AM

Default TT -- questionable Post-Flop play...

BB and UTG's are LP's after 30+ hands. BB's post-flop aggro is .44.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (24.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (28.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.25 BB

I've posted enough "hero...?" posts.
I'm just looking for some honest opinions (w/ sound reasoning!!) about how I played this; particularly the T and the R. Am I leaking on this R call?

Will post results later.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: TT -- questionable Post-Flop play...

are you good here 3.5% of the time? I think the pot size probably requires you to call here. In a smaller pot, you can probably drop it.
One thing to consider is that with so many people still in on the flop, it may be a good idea to wait for a safe turn card to raise.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:06 AM

I smooth call the flop looking to raise a safe turn.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:19 AM

I think you're way behind here, the check-raise by BB on the relatively "safe" turn card just screams pocket 9s to me, although it could be a LAG who has improved to a nut-flush draw going for value in a pot with that many people!

smooth calling the flop would be better I think, this raise does nothing to protect you hand, and gives the fish odds to draw to just about anything!

I think you are behind, but pot size dicatates calling down with top pair - folding to a bluff here would be very tilt-inducing!

Mat
Old 04-14-2005, 05:25 AM

(n00b grunching)

Perhaps BB hit a 9 on the Turn. Hoped to see the river cheap if it improved; and when you bet he decided to raise to push checkers off.

Or he decided to slowplay his 6 on flop. As you were pretty aggressive, he probably figured you'd bet the turn.

Somehow, I don't see a flush here, unless he played something like Ad2d.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 AM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

First, A+ on table selection

I think the way you played T and R here is fine, given the pot size. If it were much smaller though, and I was looking at this board (paired, flush draw) and this action (c-r/cc; bet-call) in front of me, I'd fold the river figuring I was in 2nd or 3rd place.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:21 AM

`grunching`
Do you think BB would cold-call a 3-bet preflop with a 6 or with a pocket pair that is higher than yours? If not, then you have to re-raise this turn. I think the only hands that is likely for BB to have that beats you is 99 or JJ, and maybe, just MAYBE, you can get him to fold JJ, although that would be quite an accomplishment. Anyways, I'd re-raise the turn and check-call the river if he caps, otherwise, I bet out the river.
Oh, and you definitely HAVE to call the river. You win here more than 3.33% of the time.

EDIT: Waiting for the turn to protect your hand isn't gonna do anything. IF you don't raise the flop, there will be 15.75BB in the pot as well as 2 extra callers, and by the time the action gets to you, everyone except the BB will already have called 1 bet and will therefore call your raise, and be justified in doing so. Since there really isn't a way to protect your hand, you might as well get your money in with what is likely the best hand. Besides, your flop raise got 2 people to fold even though it was just one bet back to them, so that's probably a couple of overcards less that are gonna hurt you. Although the point about waiting for the turn to wait for a raise is also good, because if an overcard falls on the turn, you become pretty scared, and since so many people are in the pot, making it likely that someone hit, I think I'd start looking for a cheap showdown.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 AM

theres no way i fold this hand.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:48 AM

I'd call the flop and raise a safe turn. The 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is fairly safe for you. The way it turned out wasn't too bad for you though, and you most certainly have to call this river. Folding here would be a tremendous error. Nice hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Waiting for the turn to protect your hand isn't gonna do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't wait for the turn to raise just to protect our hand. We wait because our equity on the turn is much better if no overcards come (with only one card to come, it's much less likely we'll be outdrawn by someone holding an overcard). Getting more of our money in when we have a bigger equity edge is the goal.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
theres no way i fold this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]