Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 04:31 AM

Default American Idol thread.......Final 12 begins

There is a little talk going around about the theme for the first week. Seems like its going to be 60's Classics or just Classics.

This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar. If they do something that forces him to pick up the pace he is in trouble. I think they dont want to let the early favourite take a hit like this too early.

rJ <---- doesnt like Anwar and will find any excuse to knock him down
Old 03-12-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: American Idol thread.......Final 12 begins

I was just checking out the american idol boards,its unbelievable how much attention constantine is getting.It would be a shame if he lasts another week.
Why isnt jessica getting more attention? I think she is the best of the women.I missed last weeks show.how did she do?

Twisty
Old 03-12-2005, 07:32 AM

Jessica was pretty good last week, but she's kinda boring. She'll be one of the first to go. I don't think Anwar has a chance at winning this (and I'm glad cuz I don't like him either). Good, but uber boring. Frankly I'm surprised he made top 12. I don't like Federov, but I think he's got a really good shot at it (was he Grannie's pick?).
Old 03-12-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
especially for unversatile people like Anwar

[/ QUOTE ]
He is a junior high school music teacher. Do you really think he is not going to be able to sing more current songs..... I think the day he does will be the day hereally impresses the "haters"
Old 03-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Why isnt jessica getting more attention? I think she is the best of the women

because it is mostly women posting there.

the guys will get most of the adoration unless it were down to only women. then they would argue for the likes of jessica. as an example, last year john stevens got incredible attention until he was gone, then the diehards finally started discussing others. then when down to fantasia and diana, there was good debate.

btw, john stevens lasted longer than he should have, and i fear constantine will too. constantine deserves to last longer than stevens, but does not belong in top 3 males and his fan base may bring him to that stage.

fwiw, that is a good forum to lose yourself in and get a pulse of the hardcores, but it is not reliable information.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:40 PM

This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar

i don't understand this from you. not only is anwar talented, but actually is a great role model.

methinks you will be an anwar fan before long
Old 03-12-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes sense to me because I think they have to keep the song choices wide open for a while especially for unversatile people like Anwar

i don't understand this from you. not only is anwar talented, but actually is a great role model.

methinks you will be an anwar fan before long

[/ QUOTE ]

He hasnt sung a song that could be considered relatively new at all. He also hasnt sung a song with any kind of beat to it. Moon river? Its a wonderful world? Some crappy old slow song.

When he did sugar pie honey bunch with lots left in the hollywood stage he was far from top 25. That is as upbeat as he has got and it was not good.

rJ
Old 03-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Moon river? Its a wonderful world?

rJ, he did versions of those that were nothing like the original songs. that's what impresses me.

who is your pick? have you for sure decided?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moon river? Its a wonderful world?

rJ, he did versions of those that were nothing like the original songs. that's what impresses me.

who is your pick? have you for sure decided?

[/ QUOTE ]

I need 2 more weeks to pick a winner out of these:

Bo
Carrie
Nadia
Mario

I need to see Nadia at least one more time not jumping around. I need to see Bo in a theme week. I need to see if Carrie has personality and was possibly sandbagging her voice because its hard to win wire to wire. And I just need to see if Mario possibly has the ability to find another level.

I am very close to making a large deposit and shorting all kinds of anwar. The only problem is that it seems so many people are fooled by him. If these fools vote it could be bad for me.

rJ
Old 03-12-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Anwar has a chance at winning this...Frankly I'm surprised he made top 12

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you're in touch with what's going on...