Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Vegas Baby, Vegas!!

Hey all...

I am going to Vegas for a weekend with 2 good guy friends and here is my quandry...

(1) Where can I find the BEST games (5-10, 8-16)?
(2) Where are the best tourneys (w/e)
(3) What do you do when you go with friends who just want to get wasted and lie by the pool all day long?... how much "friend" time is req'd and how much "degenerate poker player" time is acceptable.

Please help with any of these questions...

Much obliged,

Mike
Old 06-14-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Vegas Baby, Vegas!!

(1) Where can I find the BEST games (5-10, 8-16)?

Bellagio and Mirage enough said......

(2) Where are the best tourneys (w/e)

it doesnt sound like you will have anytime to invest in a
tourney so just stick to ring games or go in the morning to Mandalay bay for there 10am freezeout before breakfast.

(3) What do you do when you go with friends who just want to get wasted and lie by the pool all day long?... how much "friend" time is req'd and how much "degenerate poker player" time is acceptable.

It depends this sounds like a first or second trip to vegas for ya. If it is enjoy your self out there the clubs and lounges are so great and i would bet you will come home from vegas wishing you went somewhere or checked some cool chit out that you wont.

I would say take advantage of vegas, get drunk, get laid, play some cards, and most important thing yell at some stupid tourist for out drawing you with a 2 outer on the river VEGAS Baby........
Old 06-15-2004, 12:40 AM

1) Never been, but planning to be at Mirage at the end of June for the same games.

2) No idea.

3) Be careful. Hang out with people getting wasted by the pool and you'll be tempted to join in. You'll have a few too many beers, then lose your roll.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:54 AM

As has been previously posted... Mirage and Bellagio. I think the Mandalay and Luxor both run morning tournaments.

I wouldn't worry about spending too much "guy time." The last time I was in Vegas I was with a group of about 10 people for five days. I didn't see half of them after the first night until the day before we left. That said, there is more to vegas than flopping a nut flush. I'd say leave your buds the daytime to dink around town playing low-limit blackjack and drinking mai tais by the poolside (hey, that almost rhymes). Remember that there are good times to be had outside the cardroom and how much you'll probably prefer living it up in the vegas nightlife when you have the chance once you get back to whatever you do for a living wherever you do it.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see half of them after the first night until the day before we left. That said, there is more to vegas than flopping a nut flush. I'd say leave your buds the daytime to dink around town playing low-limit blackjack and drinking mai tais by the poolside (hey, that almost rhymes).

[/ QUOTE ]

low limit blackjack is a waste of time check out the free shows than head to margaritaville and use your worse pickup line on a chick.

BTW i have mentioned this before if you go to clubs in las vegas and you dont check out ICE your missing out. This place is one of the hottest places and this comming from a NYer who has been to the best of the best manhattan has. This is the place you can see the likes of the hottest women in show buisness and hot chicks in general. I caught paris hilton's act there this past year.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:19 PM

Sure low limit black jack is a waste, that's why he should let his buds dink around with it during the day while he plays cards. Besides, low limit craps is where it's at. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 09:40 AM

thanks yall!

I did some more research and I think I will try the bellagio 8-16 game... I heard it was AWESOME!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks yall!

I did some more research and I think I will try the bellagio 8-16 game... I heard it was AWESOME!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be sitting in that game by 6:00 tomorrow night and I'll play all night or I'll be there when it starts Friday morning.

Will also be there this weekend with a bunch of friends. Two of us are going early to play cards on Thursday and Friday, then Saturday is for hanging out with the guys and getting drunk.

VEGAS BABY
Old 06-16-2004, 08:48 PM

"What do you do when you go with friends who just want to get wasted and lie by the pool all day long?... how much "friend" time is req'd and how much "degenerate poker player" time is acceptable."

I think this depends on how much game you have. I have the weaker game than any of my friends, or just about anyone, so my time is probably better spent in the cardrooms. For you, this may be different.

-Michael