Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 09:46 PM

Default Revenge on the any2carders

Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and is MP1

UTG limps, Hero limps, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks

Flop(4 SB): 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Seems like my flop)

BB checks, UTG bets, (lets see if the BB has a 3)Hero raises, (nope)BB folds, UTG 3-bets(wtf must have a 10 ?!?!), Hero caps, UTG calls

Turn(6 BB): A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets(wtf?? pocket 10s? or did this dipstick actually play a 3 here?), Hero calls

River(12 BB): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MWUAHAHAHHAA

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls

He did infact have a J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 11-25-2003, 12:40 AM

Default LMAO!!!!!!!! N/M

Old 11-25-2003, 01:18 AM

Default Round2 , little less luck this time

Party Poker 1/2 (6 handed)
Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is Button

UTG limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls, CO calls

Flop(18 SB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls

Turn(10 1/2 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

River(16 1/2 BB): 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG calls

UTG shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hahahahahahaha
Old 11-25-2003, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Round2 , little less luck this time

Gcue,
Don't get too cocky...Tomorrow you might be here complaining about your AA being cracked by 72o [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheRake
Old 11-25-2003, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Revenge on the any2carders

The best part of this story is that your UTG player will not have learned anything from this. Getting revenge on a fish is great but you don't want to end up educating them at the same time if you can avoid it. This player will see this as a bad beat and not a reason not to continue to play Jxs type of hands. Plus, you catching runner runner Aces will "teach" him/her that you should stay in to the river because you might just catch those turn and river miracle cards and win a big pot. Continued success.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:09 AM

Sorry to rain on your ego parade, but you misplayed this hand. Not raising the flop was a MAJOR mistake. This is one of the worst flops to slowplay on. It practically screams draws and action. Not a good smooth-call.

GoT
Old 11-25-2003, 02:22 AM

I know it isn't a good limp, but I had just crossed my target $ amount for the day by $4 and was just waiting for blinds to come around.

I really didn't want to get into another hand but it came up so I thought I'd throw $1 at it just to see. When I hit the flop (or thought I had) Then I decided to play it, and I will also agree that my turn raise was a little over agressive, but I just didn't buy him having a 3 (yup I was dead wrong)

and it's not ego, just payback for all the times I bet top pair all the way to have A2o catch runner runner 2's to beat me and such
Old 11-25-2003, 03:40 AM

I was actually referring to your KK hand. Reread my post. But yes, you should've raised your ATs hand as well. Not raising because you just passed your goal for the day isn't smart poker. A long-term winning player judges his daily earnings by his hourly rate, not by the actual amount they won in any particular day. You should be playing solid poker every hand. If waiting for the blinds to come around is going to cause you to play less than optimal poker, then just leave the table from LP.

GoT
Old 11-25-2003, 05:37 AM

I saw a guy in a NL party SnG crack three pocket aces (including one of mine). Once with a Q2o, once with a 68d and once with a J4d. Craziness is reraising all-in with Q2o. I was happy when I saw that hand, but started crying when the flop came with two deuces. Such is life.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:28 PM

I have to disagree with the KK hand, I would never play that any differently.

Any draw is going to stay in whether I raise the flop or not, and on that flop if a draw card comes (heart,A,J,T) I'll simply smooth call it the whole way thereby not driving anyone out as to still have a decent pot if I win, and losing the minimum if I don't.

when a draw card does not come I can safely raise the turn, trapping the middle guy for an extra $2 bet rather than a $1 bet not to mention getting him betting out on the river hoping I was on a draw of some sort

I have no idea why you would want to raise this flop against only 2 players when I'm clearly way ahead, and my raise will not push out anyone drawing but it will kill my turn action where the bets are doubled.