Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Party Sit N Go is Pure Ignorance

At least your mouse isn't acting up. Mine has been giving me trouble, and when I'm fortunate enough to get a SnG seat it's a mad race to the fee box with a sluggish mouse. Most of the time I start swearing because I watch somebody else getting cozy in my chair.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:54 AM

Do you still use a tracking ball mouse? If so, you need to untwist the casing around the ball and clean all of the funk that has collected on the 3 contact points. You'd be amazed at the difference.

If you have an optic mouse, I don't know what to tell you.

Cup
Old 09-28-2003, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have an optic mouse, I don't know what to tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Optical mice sometimes have tracking problems on a woodgrain surface...they usually work fine if you have a mouse pad (or just any solid color surface for that matter).

jHE
Old 09-28-2003, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Party Sit N Go ::: TRY THIS !!

Hi Oski,

This should help.

Click the "status" heading bringing all the "wtng for XX plyrs" hold-em tables to the top.
IMPORTANT: During busy times go for only the table you want when it lists 0 players seated.(i.e. wtng for 10 plyrs)
HOWEVER, you must refresh often. The best way is clicking the "Multi-table" heading and then right back to "Single table".
Load your table and grab a seat quickly.

A good mouse, decent cp and good provider help.
This always works for me(sometimes 2 or 3 tries) and I'm in northern Canada, far from the hue and especially the cry.

Let me know if this works.

And let's not get started on the Paradise sitNwaits....

Old 09-28-2003, 12:13 PM

this is good advice; however, I have already employed such a technique. I have the same problem as Lori: the table says 0 people seated, then often, I find the game already in progress. After trying "the system" I was frustrated, thus prompting the original post.

I think a sign up list would be a sane idea.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:08 PM

obviously they need to employ a sign-up list....it's so obvious i'm sure party will never do it.

the only SNG's i play are during off-hours (2am or later i guess). otherwise, it's a pretty feeble effort trying to get in via my pathetic dial-up connection.

i do decently getting into one if there are fewer than 10K logged on. also, if you're willing to play PL you may want to give that a try as i have had some success grabbing an occasional seat in those....and happily the players are just as bad from my observations.

another advantage of playing late-night stuff (or prime-time in Lori's case) is that some of the players are just hitting one last tourney before beddie-bye and give their money away even more bizarrely than normal.
the other night we had 4 players go all-in on the first hand. one guy had flopped trip 2's, another guy hit his flush on the river to rake in the pot....the cards blipped off my screen too quickly to see if the other two guys had anything at all. the guy that landed 3200 in chips had quite the advantage...but it was nice to get 3 players out of the way so quickly.
but, the rest of the players were pretty tight and all 7 still remained into round 4. my AA got cracked by a straight draw and i finished an unimpressive 7th place.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:42 PM

Paradise has a good structure for calling you to the sitngo tables. Does any other site have a better one? Paradise actually brings you to the tables too, unlike Stars who lets you forget.