Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Mistaken muck returned by dealer

[ QUOTE ]
At the MGM in the NL1/2 game Christmas Day there was like $12 in the pot, 6 limpers, no betting along the way, an ace hits the river, and someone makes a $5 bet. I have a crappy ace but for $5 I'm gonna call, everybody else folds.

The guy who put in the original $5 bet then tosses his cards face down to the dealer. I figure he made a stupid bet and knows it and is surrendering, so I'm putting a $1 chip on my cards and pushing 'em forward when the dealer pushes the cards back to the guy and says "you were called". Guy says "oh!" and flips 'em over showing a better ace than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw it done "right" tonight. At the Alladin a guy bets on the river and the lady ponders a bit and says "I have a bad feeling about this--I think you have J9" and then says "I call" and tosses out her chips. Original bettor tosses his cards face down to the dealer who instantly grabs and mucks them like I think he's supposed to. And then pushes the pot to the lady. Which generates a huge eruption from the guy. "NO! The pot is mine! She folded!" "No sir, she called" "NO! I had the straight! I had the straight! That's my pot! Call the floor!" Too bad, so sad.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Mistaken muck returned by dealer

Yeah, if I'm playing like an $80/160 live... those dealers are quick as hell to muck cards, as they should be.

If they aren't, the players are going to let them hear about it.

Unfortunately, I don't see this at $20/40-40/80 as much =(