Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: i actually did snap this time (posting for you swede...long)

[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

Back when that happened ('96 maybe), Buckhead was mainly a white fratboy type hangout area and stuff like this was definitely WAY out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, ok. Kinda like M street in Georgetown...which is also changing, although not nearly the scene shock describes below...

which is hilarious btw shock, nicely said.

mang, all this talk makes me wanna bust a cap in somebody...
Old 12-30-2005, 07:17 PM

asofel,

Apparently over the years it has become much rowdier with much more gang and other such activity.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

Apparently over the years it has become much rowdier with much more gang and other such activity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is time to move back.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
asofel,

Back when that happened ('96 maybe), Buckhead was mainly a white fratboy type hangout area and stuff like this was definitely WAY out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there late 96 - 97 and then again in 2000 and there was a huge change. But also I remember during 96-97 that Friday night was a much softer, preppier and frankly white looking crowd but that Saturday nights brought a much harder,gangster oriented crowd that basically scared the [censored] out of me whenever I was there.

In 2000 it was much much worse, to the point I really made sure not to be out in the streets as much as possible.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:27 PM

I'm pretty surprised at all the back-patting you're getting on this one. This guy may or may not have committed some minor moving violations, and fled from the scene of an "accident" (with no visible damage), but your actions were well beyond a reasonable (or, I'm guessing, legal) response. You're lucky you didn't end up in jail for assault or worse or get into a conflict for which your baseballs might not have been adequate protection.

FWIW tapping on the brakes when someone's tailgating you and you can't switch lanes isn't a dick move--I always thought it was pretty standard. (Sometimes tailgaters just don't realize how close they are or that you can't switch lanes at the moment or expect you to speed up or whatever.) A quick tap on the brakes and almost all of the time they'll get the message, brake a bit, and let you pass into the other lane.

Slamming on your brakes and making the tailgater brake hard is a dick move. Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:47 PM

first your post is legitimate and so i will respond.

i didn't tap on the breaks b/c he was so close that tapping the breaks would surely cause an accident...i mean him just switching lanes hit my car, why do you think breaking would be optimal?

out of my three choices:

increasing speed- he is in the wrong so why adhere to him and help him out? i am already speeding so why go even faster? what if i pass a cop going 60?

tap the breaks- this will cause a wreck, he is too close.

stay the course- if there is a wreck its caused by him and i will stay passive as to try and keep this situation as safe as possible.

i think this was correct IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, especially if he pulls out a gun. sometimes we do outlandish things when we snap but sometimes people need their [censored] neck broken too, there is a gray area and i am still not sure where today fits but i know that you can't make a habit of doing these things and if i weren't in an area in plano, texas (even though he acted like trash) where the average home is over 1 million dollars then i might not have done something like this. i know thats not proper justification because a guy can retaliate anywhere but i am just telling you my thoughts at the time is all.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty surprised at all the back-patting you're getting on this one. This guy may or may not have committed some minor moving violations, and fled from the scene of an "accident" (with no visible damage), but your actions were well beyond a reasonable (or, I'm guessing, legal) response. You're lucky you didn't end up in jail for assault or worse or get into a conflict for which your baseballs might not have been adequate protection.

FWIW tapping on the brakes when someone's tailgating you and you can't switch lanes isn't a dick move--I always thought it was pretty standard. (Sometimes tailgaters just don't realize how close they are or that you can't switch lanes at the moment or expect you to speed up or whatever.) A quick tap on the brakes and almost all of the time they'll get the message, brake a bit, and let you pass into the other lane.

Slamming on your brakes and making the tailgater brake hard is a dick move. Throwing two baseballs in retaliation is unbelievably stupid and reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a nice view up there on your pedestal?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:56 PM

btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw- bkd3clash is totally correct here. Gross overeaction.

Frankly- if he's really so close that you can't slow down, I'd just wait till the next light and go about 10 mph from there on out.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually he hit my car. i didn't do anything until the hit & run and refusal to confront the situation which was his fault. usually i agree with you on everything dids but i couldn't really do much, i was driving on a street and the guy hit me and drove off...and i wanted to assess the situation and he didn't so i got pissed. thats basically the tl;dr version of it.

throwing something may be an overreaction but "gross" is an exaggeration IMO.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i have a baseball in each of two cupholders in my car (so that they don't roll around)...

(they are major league baseballs and i wasn't leaving without them).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think enough attention has been paid to these comments. I understand having the baseballs in the cup holder so they dont roll around, but who the heck drives around with major league baseballs in their front seat? I played ball all through high school and little in college (over 18 team, not at Michgan), and I'm pretty sure that I wouldnt have a baseball in the front seat of my car (even when I was stretching my pitching fingers for a better splitter). Inquiring minds want to know.