Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2005, 09:10 AM

Default 99 on button on bubble

$10+1 PP MTT Freeze Out: 1900 Entrants down to about 240; 220 on pays. Blinds are 300/600

Just as a little background:

Inspired by some recent posts in the MTT section, I've decided to really disect my game and focus on all the plays I make. I had been running bad recently partly due to lack of focus and the fact that I had been trying to make up for my losses in every MTT I played. This resulted in loose calls in an attempt to build a big stack early on, and weak/tight behavoir around the bubble, in fear of losing another buy in.

Needless to say, this behavoir is not conducive to winning poker. I've decided to lower my stakes and number of tables played at once. Also, I've been trying hard to be very aggressive around the bubble to take advantage of the general weak/tight nature.

Anyway, on to the show...

My table image was very aggressive at the time. I was raising many pots and stealing a lot of blinds. However, I can't remember showing a loser in long time. I had shown big hands for winners including a 4 of kind 2's.

I had a pretty dominate chip lead at the table for a while, but just lost about a quarter of my stack to an all in preflop with KK vs AA (what can you do?) Still above average and probably 3rd at the table.

MP ($6500) : raises to $1500 (one of the looser players at the table)

Folds around to myself on the button with 99.

Button($9500):?
SB: ( $3000)
BB: (12000 Chip leader)
Still two players left to act.

SB: hadn't played a hand since I'd been at the table; had the image of "I'll be happy just to make the money
BB: Tight/aggressive player and current chip leader. Hadn't shown a loser and gained his chips by big hands all-in preflop. He had just doubled through me not to long ago with AA vs KK.

I'll post results after some feedback.