Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 09:29 AM

Default First Time in Vegas...

Long time viewew...infrequent poster.

Well, I have decided to cash out a portion of my online bankroll to a trip to Vegas with my older brother and father over the week of X-mas. Since this will be my first time in Vegas I will be very intimidated by the whole atmosphere and the only way to prepare myself is with helpful information by fellow 2+2'ers.

I am only going to be staying for 4 nights so I decided that 1200$-1400$ should be an adequate ammount for gambling. I am used to playing 5/10 live at the B&M thats closest to me (Potawatomi in Milwaukee) but since most LV cardrooms don't spread 5/10 due to the lack of chips in the middle I'd assume 4/8 or 8/16 would suit me just fine for the week.

I am goint to be staying at a Best Western thats within walking distance of the Monorail station (on the north End by the Sahara)--I can't really complain about the hotel since the hotel/air is a X-mas Gift from my dad.

Now my questions:

Where is the best place to play 4/8 and/or 8/16 games on the strip?

Is the monorail as nice and convienant as it seems or would it just be better to take a cab/bus to the south end of the strip (to the Luxor or the MGM or something).

A friend of mine said the Saharah $65 tournaments are good but they jam you 11/12 handed to start. I am not really interested in 12 handed MTT poker (Fold AK in EP anyone?). Is there anyother tournaments on the strip that are little more better structured for around a $100 buy-in?

Also, whats the cheapest place to play BlackJack that gives you free (fast) drinks while playing. I am a very big believer in donking away $80 playing $2-$3 blackjack and getting shitfaced after a good session. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Also, I heard rumors that the Westward-Ho got knocked down and/or is being remodeled...please say this isn't so. I was looking forward to two fisting $1 32oz Margarita's and jobbing away money playing low dollar blackjack.