Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Flopped trips with suited connectors. 2 Deepstacks.

Villain only has $8 dollars left after his bet on the river. If you are going to call his bet shouldnt you get that final $8 in there?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 PM

I reraised because it was only the final $8. Anyway, I figured he had either two over cards with the club draw, or maybe a pocket pair. Didn't think he had 9s, didn't think he'd lead out with the top boat (though I suppose it was possible).

Turns out he had 2 5 of clubs. He was semi bluffing the flush draw on the flop. Turn brought him a gutshot straight as well. River was the straight hitting.

So anyway I don't go broke in this situation?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't think he had 9s, didn't think he'd lead out with the top boat (though I suppose it was possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you're VERY sure the other guy will bet, it would be a big mistake not to value bet a winning hand on the river. A very bad player ,like your villian, might keep slowplaying and check the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:55 AM

I like it alot, well played. PPl bitchin about rasing river need to realise it was an 8$ raise. Also, the most likely hand for him to have is AA KK where he puts you on a flush draw or a 9 and didnt want you to check behind so he lead. If he was gonna call a bet from you, he actually took the best line at that point. Anyways, nh, and im willing to bet you took this down despite everyone thinking he hit a low set.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:10 PM

Preflop:
Call is ok here I guess

Flop:
Good raise. Need to keep out the draws

Turn:
I like the bet here. Most missed flush draws will lay it down right here.

River:
With the villain calling both the flop re-raise and the turn, and then LEADING the river, I'm much less likely to put him on the draw.

Especially with the preflop raise here, I'm expecting something like overpairs (JJ,QQ), or pocket 9's.

Putting him all-in for $8 more is ok in this case since it's such a small amount, but with deep stacks I'd only call this river.

Anyone else?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:26 AM

He didn't have a lower set. He had 2 5 of clubs. River made his straight. Never saw it coming.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:39 AM

Doesnt seem like there was much you could do to get him off his draw. Oh well, next hand.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:59 AM

I play it same. If he's got 99, he's getting paid off, and that's the only hand you have to be worried aobut. It's amazing how often you'll see overpairs here, and you played it well, IMO.

Kirk
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 AM

Sometimes donks hit, and you pay them off. The way Villain played this hand, there's aboslutely nothing "solid" about him. Check-calling pot-sized bets with a gutshot and a 5-high flush draw on a paired board is a purely donk'ish move. Try to play at the same table he is as often as possible.

Kirk