Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: 30-60 River Decision

Do not play 30/60 online. You will lose a lot of money.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The original post has absolutely nothing to do with on-line play.
The difference between playing on-line and live, is the same as a pilot handling an emergency in a simulator (on-line) or under live conditions.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between playing on-line and live, is the same as a pilot handling an emergency in a simulator (on-line) or under live conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor anology

Pilot in simulator = no passengers (not real, anyway)
Pilot in air = real passengers

Whereas
Online poker = real money
Live poker = real money too
Old 10-30-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor anology

Pilot in simulator = no passengers (not real, anyway)
Pilot in air = real passengers

Whereas
Online poker = real money
Live poker = real money too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But the pilot is in the simulator for recertification so that he can keep his commercial rating and make 80K a year flying for whomever.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:19 PM

What hand range do you put him on that makes calling the turn and folding the river correct?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand range do you put him on that makes calling the turn and folding the river correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bet the turn, I'm very sure he has AT. If folding the river was tough, folding the turn was even more difficult, if even correct. I did have 3 outs on the turn. Once I called the turn, and he bet the river, I was 90% sure he had AT (the only hand he could have, really) but just could not lay it down. Calling the river, to me, was a clear mistake.

The 2+2 responses have been "call the river", "call the river" and "go to the small stakes forum."

Nice.

Sparks
Old 10-29-2005, 10:15 AM

Wouldn't opponent play something like AQ or AJ the same way here possibly? He bets the flop b/c he has aces, you raise, he get's worried or whatever and calls. Then the 5's pair...hmmm, maybe he'll give me a 5 or well, maybe my ace is good anyway. I bet. Ok, he just calls. Well, he probably won't raise the river here even with AK cause he'll fear I have the A10 or whatever. So I'll just bet again in case he has KK or something.

Now, if you're saying this opponent would NEVER do this, then ok. You are talking about a player specific read and your inability to act on it, not the hand itself. So possibly...psychology forum might be better?

Jeff
Old 10-29-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are talking about a player specific read and your inability to act on it, not the hand itself. So possibly...psychology forum might be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad point. Seriously. I showed my hand, said "I know what you have," then called.

I may have issues.

Sparks
Old 10-30-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are talking about a player specific read and your inability to act on it, not the hand itself. So possibly...psychology forum might be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad point. Seriously. I showed my hand, said "I know what you have," then called.

I may have issues.

Sparks

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you folded.....This announcement was worse than folding and announcing you know your beat. You gave up information about yourself and your current mental state, free of charge.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 responses have been "call the river", "call the river" and "go to the small stakes forum."

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh, you're not gonna like this one bit: Call the river.

Whatever reasons you give for your call on the turn (ie, "It was just a bad call"), what the call shows is that even you don't really have faith in this read you say you have. If your read isn't strong enough to fold the turn, it sure isn't strong enough to fold the river when the pot is two bets bigger and the board cards haven't gotten any uglier. Therefore, call the river.

I don't see folding the river without a super read. If you had a super read, you wouldn't have evev seen the river. Ergo, you don't have a super read. QED, E. Pluribus Unum, Vox Populi, 10-4, over and out. Call the river.

SpaceAce