Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Enjoy my Poker Blog

I don't spend much time reading blogs but I suspect I'll be reading yours seeing as how you're such a fine 2+2 poster.

My 2c re. your discussion with raptor - the less players sitting at the table the more difficult the game is the general rule which I have found to be true. Full ring is easiest, 6 max more difficult and heads up the most difficult so if you really want to get world class at everything than playing more SHHU and less full ring will get you there faster IMO..

I also like the idea of playing pot limit be it omaha or holdem because I think it is the most difficult format to play. Master pot limit and your limit and NL game will of course improve as well.

Anyhow you're obviously know what you're doing and will undoubtedly figure out the approach that works best for you and I'm sure that you'll continue to do just fine. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:02 PM

i do believe your talkin out your ass on this one boy.

Steve
Old 10-07-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that at some point its important to learn other games. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to properly read my hand in Omaha/8. I just think I have too much that I need to learn in holdem games to worry about those games yet.

Since I already have some knowledge in this area, it should be easier to pick those up. Although really I never really had huge success in ring games, almost all of my bankroll was built through tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned to play PLO just because it sounded fun, and then fell in love with the game. So, for a few years I played mostly (almost exclusievely) pot-limit omaha and PLO-8 on line.

Then, when the holdem craze hit I had to switch back to holdem to take advantage of the money... and I found that somehow my PL holdem game was better than it ever was.

Now PLHE is far and away my best game even though I have played fewer hands of that game than either PLO or NLHE.

I guess my point is that I think by learning other games you may stumble upon skills that can sharpen your ability in all games... and you may find that you excel particularly in one game.

Some "famous" examples of this type of learning would be Phil Ivey, Paul Darden, and Ted Forrest. All three of those guys probably played less than 10% of their hands in holdem each year until 2002. Now, those guys would all make most people's top-20 lists in NLHE.

I guess i'm just interested in why you feel it wouldn't help your overall progress.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with Irie. i learned how to play NLHE first [exclusively in SNG format]. PS then introduced their [play money] PLO and NLO8 SNGs and i started killing them. now you may laugh because there's no real money involved and most of the players are weak but i don't look at it that way. PLO and NLO8 are primarily postflop games and good postflop players are the players who excel in them. in the low limits i play, i pride myself on having an edge postflop on most players. these play money PLO and NLO8 SNGs definitely improved my postflop play more than anything this year and i didn't have to go broke doing it. PLO and O8 are definitely two games that will help in your overall progress.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i agree with Irie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irie, I know how you always talk about people being too unwilling to agree with you on some of your points....but in this case I gotta say that this endorsement troubles me, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 10-07-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i agree with Irie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irie, I know how you always talk about people being too unwilling to agree with you on some of your points....but in this case I gotta say that this endorsement troubles me, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe it troubles you because you're too busy worrying about the wrong thing instead of worrying about Yugo. next time, concern yourself with your own affairs and then maybe, just maybe, troubling thoughts won't creep up into mind. then if you still can't help but pop in a make unsolicited remarks toward me, there's always suicide [note to Citanul and durron: sarcasm]. the first step toward recovery is ownership and realizing that you are the problem.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:51 PM

You wouldn't even joke about suicide with Yugo if you had seen his room.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's the case, i'm sure he has already tried. even more reason for him to worry about his own [ troublings ].
Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
why the hell would u want to waste 46% of yer time playing full ring cash games? what a waste. shorthanded stuff 4tw. u can beat the full games being a robot. wont help yer game much. play short. other than that, nice blog. i expect constant random updates. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat the full 30-60 games 8 at once like a robot? You must be rich [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah. you wont become a great player playing full ring limit, thats all im sayin. u wanna be WORLD CHAMPION and all u need to play games that will help you get there. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You will have serious difficulty moving from SH limit to full ring limit. Don't take my word for it. Go ask the other forums which is harder to move between.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the hell would u want to waste 46% of yer time playing full ring cash games? what a waste. shorthanded stuff 4tw. u can beat the full games being a robot. wont help yer game much. play short. other than that, nice blog. i expect constant random updates. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat the full 30-60 games 8 at once like a robot? You must be rich [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah. you wont become a great player playing full ring limit, thats all im sayin. u wanna be WORLD CHAMPION and all u need to play games that will help you get there. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You will have serious difficulty moving from SH limit to full ring limit. Don't take my word for it. Go ask the other forums which is harder to move between.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wont have serious difficulty if you have discipline. if you play like a robot and play LOOKING at a starting hand chart, you cant lose in the 15-30 game. you may see gigantic enormous swings, but even at 1.5bb/100 you can drop 600 bbs. (another thing that sucks about limit). if you just stick to a basic hand outline, its not a tough move at the mid stakes online. holla
Old 10-07-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh, home sweet home.

I gotta finish up the dope Verizon Wireless Jungle ad for the Phoenix Suns game program so that I can go kick it nooselife style, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Who needs to get on an account where pictures of hot nekkid chicks is mandatory!