Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Default UB... BS

So I register for their 2:00 PM $100+9 $9000 guarantee and notice that by the end there are only 72 registered. I get seated at my table and low and behold, we all have only 1500 in chips instead of the standard 2500 for tournies over $100. 20 minutes later we all get a message that the tourney has been cancelled due to incorrect starting chips. I smell a rat here as this has happened before in a similar situation where there was a decent overlay. Any chance that UB did this on purpose to avoid the large overlay???
Old 09-06-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: UB... BS

this sucked!.. some were busted out of the tourney.. ub should pay us according to chip count and from the guaranteed prize pool!!! and a restart would have been the easiest, being new to ub - this does not impress me!

edit: my point is not the extra $ we would get, but the fact that they should do this simply because they wasted our time, and that a few players gambled because they thought it would be reset anyways..
Old 09-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: UB... BS

I deposited money on UB and I can tell you I have been unhappy with many aspects of that site. It just pales in comparison (as do most all the other sites) to Pokerstars.